Maintain and support all existing business system applications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Ability to perform all duties of the Netweaver Administrator I & II and:
· Work with Project Managers to understand any unique SAP Basis requirements and provides solutions in implementing required changes into our current Jabil SAP system.
· Lead team’s efforts with Datacenter to review and improve communication and change management processes between Jabil and HP.
· Evaluate proactively upcoming projects and look for threshold issues where changes would be made to facilitate the new requirements without impacting current user load (i.e., adding FR02 to JabilDB jobs).
· Responsible for proactive evaluation of current system and business processes to provide capacity planning, efficiency and process improvements.
· Involved in SAP GUI rollouts and management.
· Managing changes and assisting sites in implementation SAP Help Files.
· Facilitate the execution and management Solution Manager.
· Participate in DART/Archiving processes from a Basis perspective, including working with SAP functional teams to identify and provide archiving to meet business needs.
· Document and troubleshoot SAP interfaces, such as with JabilDB, BW, MES, etc.
· Participate in the exchange of ideas and information within the department.
· Organize verbal and written ideas clearly and use an appropriate business style.
· Ask questions; encourage input from team members.
· Provide regular updates to appropriate managers.
· Identify creative ways to reduce cost by streamlining processes and systems (i.e. modification of responsibilities or consolidation of tasks, elimination of non-value added processes, or complete re-engineering of processes and systems).
· Drive continuous improvement through trend reporting analysis and metrics management.
· Assure that procedures and work instructions are efficient and not redundant.
· Offer new ideas and suggestions for improvement. Identify and implement new practices and processes that are “best in field”.
· Demonstrate a commitment to customer service; anticipate, meet and exceed expectations by solving problems quickly and effectively; making customer issues a priority.
· Confer with reporting manager on complex or unusual situations.
· Establish new measurement systems if/where possible.
· Exchange knowledge and information with other Jabil facilities to ensure best practices are shared throughout the Jabil organization.
· Ensure 100% adherence to all company policies and procedures (i.e. Health, Safety and Quality)
· Maintain discretion and confidentiality in all areas pertaining to data and proprietary information, whether internal to Jabil or customer specific and to IT systems
· Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
· Understand and embrace the business and IT strategic direction.
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Management Information Systems AND minimum 3 to 5 years experience, or equivalent education and experience. Ability to work additional hours as needed. Ability to travel. (Some extensive travel may be required.)
Customer service skills as well as effective communication skills – both verbal and written. Ability to follow written and verbal directions. Excellent organizational skills. Excellent time management skills. If applicable--Experience with Unix security. Experience with Linux and Unix scripting. Experience with Linux OS. Experience with Unix and Linux FTP.
Individual will be required to use computer keyboards or other equipment for extended periods of time. Individual may be required to sit or stand for extended periods of time. Specific vision abilities required for this job include close vision for reading and studying technical materials and use of computer monitor screens a great deal of the time. Specific physical abilities required by the job may include walking, reaching carrying and lifting up to 25 lbs, with some occasional lifting up to 50lbs.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Individual’s primary workstation is located in the office area, with some time spent on the manufacturing floor. The noise level in the work environment ranges from low to moderate.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.