The Sr Industrial Engineer will be responsible for planning, designing, implementing, and managing; integrated, production and service delivery systems that assure performance, reliability, maintainability, schedule adherence and cost control within the production site. The Sr IE will adopt as its goals profitability, effectiveness, adaptability, responsiveness, quality, and the continuous improvement of products and services throughout their life cycles.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Same responsibilities as Industrial Engineer III, but for bigger or more complex products/processes/workcells.
Propose and drive cross-functional projects mainly within a workcell.
Design of optimized human interfaces for SMT and Backend/DF in the following areas:
· Raw material delivery process, storage and line feed systems.
· Product flow and online material handling systems.
· WIP management, sizing and buffer storage systems.
· Ergonomic workstation design and layout.
· Process optimization.
· Layout of the workcell.
· 5S housekeeping techniques.
· Develop/Sustain/Improve all assembly processes.
· Time study analysis.
· Own and drive yield improvement programs.
· Box build quote and products.
· Systems support (e.g. SAP, MES, IEDB…)
Should be able to be SME or support other IE’s in one or more of the IE SME categories like:
· Work Measurement
· Systems and Metrics
· Ergonomics / Workstation and line design
· Capacity Sizing
· PFMEA, DFA
· Fixtures and Tools
May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Key Requirements:
o Understanding and application of broad range of industrial engineering tools (ie. Work measurement, simulation, process mapping, facilities and workstation design, operations research, etc.)
o Understanding of Jabil’s global strategies and direction
o Understanding of site’s facilities, capabilities and how they tie back to the Jabil strategies and direction
o Strong financial and analytical ability
o Proven track record of successful change management accomplishments, implementing and management continuous improvements and cost reduction programs
o Strong communication skills
· Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products, Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Project, and AutoCAD skills required.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.