To be a technical focal point to the purchasing, project managers and design groups for alternate low cost, high quality components. To monitor and work problem component issues directly with the manufacturer and communicate status on non-conforming parts/suppliers across all programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Support Design Engineering, Project Management and Purchasing in identifying, sourcing and the implementation of new/alternate components that is of equal or greater performance without compromising quality at a total cost savings.
· Focal person for all quality and functional issues that stem from components being purchased for manufacturing.
· Develop, implement and maintain a “Component Data Module” that will allow system users to identify like components used on other programs with their authorized manufacturers while standardizing the description entry for each commodity and ensuring data integrity.
· Monitor and drive PPM issues with the supply base in addition to helping them achieve “Dock to Stock” certified with Jabil (in accordance to the vendor performance system).
· Drive supplier selection strategies that will yield a supply base that can be used across all customer programs providing leverage cost savings.
· Proactively communicate information or issues that may impact the product costs of manufacturability to all affected departments.
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
· Ability to operate a personal computer including using a Windows based operating system and related software.
· Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages.
· Ability to write simple correspondence. Read and understand visual aid.
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions.
· Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
· Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
· Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.
- Provide Environmental consultation and reporting services respective Internal Business Units or/and end Customers.
- Keep up-to-date new or revised Environmental related Regulations (ROHS, REACH, Conflict Minerals, Cobalt, etc)
- Provide material composition documentation training to new suppliers for successful environmental data collection
- Scrub customers BOM (Bill of Material) against MCR internal databases on existing data available
- Send request to Manufacturers/Suppliers for Material Composition Data from the supply base
- To monitor and follow up closely with Manufacturers/Suppliers on data submission progress.
- Escalate the unsupportive Manufacturers/Suppliers when necessary.
- To meet Customers project dateline and requirements.
- Review and ensure Manufacturers/Suppliers submitted declared documents are met the acceptance criteria.
- Upload declared documents into relevant databases for generate report and record purposes.
- Extract and compile the finalized Material Composition Reporting reports (both standard and customized) to meet Customers’ requirements.
- Maintain and ensure regular updates the Master Table in databases
- Upload all declared documents into relevant databases for report
- Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.