Direct, coordinate, and review all activities of the Packout Operators, and QC & OBA Inspectors to ensure the needs of internal and external Customers are being met.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
Recruitment and Retention:
· Recruit, interview and hire quality control (QC), Packout and out of box audit (OBA) resources.
· Communicate criteria to recruiters for QC, Packout and OBA position candidates.
· Monitor team member turnover; identify key factors that can be improved; make improvements.
Employee and Team Development:
· Identify individual and team strengths and development needs on an ongoing basis.
· Create and/or validate training curriculum in area of responsibility.
· Establish clear measurable goals and objectives by which to determine individual and team results (i.e. operational metrics, results against project timelines, training documentation, attendance records, knowledge of operational roles and responsibilities, personal development goals).
· Solicit ongoing feedback from Line Managers, Quality Engineers, Workcell managers, peers and team members on team member’s contribution to the team. Provide ongoing coaching and counseling to team member based on feedback.
· Express pride in staff and encourage them to feel good about their accomplishments.
· Perform team member evaluations professionally and on time.
· Drive individuals and the team to continuously improve in key operational metrics and the achievement of the organizational goals.
· Coordinate activities of teams and keep them focused in times of crises.
· Ensure recognition and rewards are managed fairly and consistently in area of responsibility.
· Provide communication forum for the exchange of ideas and information with the department.
· Organize verbal and written ideas clearly and use an appropriate business style.
· Ask questions; encourage input from staff.
· Assess communication style of individual team members and adapt own communication style accordingly.
TECHNICAL MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
· Create appropriate QC, Packout and OBA shift coverage schedules to ensure best utilization of resources while keeping the employees’ best interest in mind.
· Participate in On Time Delivery (OTD) Meetings per current Jabil structure.
· Train and evaluate various customer requirements to make QC, Packout and OBA effective and efficient.
· Provide appropriate training to the OBA personnel based on the industry specifications and standards as well as customer specifications to ensure OBA is truly the eyes of the external customer.
· Provide appropriate training to the QC personnel based on the industry specifications and standards as well as customer specifications to ensure they are effective at minimizing escapes to the customer.
· Be able to backfill the role of a Packout operator, QC inspector or OBA auditor if and when the need arises.
· Run OMI, DPM and other quality reports and analyze the data to understand the gaps in Jabil process in meeting customer requirements.
· Monitor Jabil process health by performing periodic process audits with the help of the OBA auditors.
· Coordinate 5S audits with the OBA staff.
· Periodic personnel performance review and composition.
· Departmental work output monitoring.
· Provide support in the field of inspection questions and problems.
· Project a positive attitude and promote total involvement of all personnel in their daily duties.
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
Job is directly responsible for managing other employees (e.g., hiring/termination and/or pay decisions, performance management).
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Bachelors degree + 5-6 years of related experience. Some previous supervisory experience also required.
Training in IPC-A-610, J-STD-001 and other relevant industry standards and specifications.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.