Jabil is looking for an experienced Mechanical Engineer to work at our San Jose, CA manufacturing facility! In this position you will be monitoring/sustaining existing equipment and processes as well as supporting the development/installation of new equipment. This can include designing, fabricating, modifying, evaluating and documenting machining assemblies, components, and systems to produce or improve company products and facilitate manufacturing operations. Develops data and makes preliminary sketches, lay-outs and notes required to present design proposals. Research basic design factors such as ease of manufacture and availability of materials and equipment. Works with other organizations impacted by design development. Monitor the quality and efficiency performance for assigned manufacturing line(s). Drive continuous improvement through process development, root cause analysis and systematic problem solving; utilize data from CIQ, TARS and other sources as appropriate.
This a great opportunity for mechanical and manufacturing engineers looking for a hands-on position within manufacturing that can offer variety, growth, and stability!
Multiple positions available!
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Continually strive to balance and optimize line throughput, including efforts to minimize changeover downtime (i.e. common set-ups).
- Monitor machine management data in order to maximize utilization and minimize machine-generated scrap.
- Provide input on creative ways to reduce costs by streamlining processes and systems.
- Create and maintain wave and reflow soldering profiles.
- Ensure that process parameters are within acceptable tolerances for products and components, and result in solder quality that meets IPC-610B requirements (or other applicable standard).
- Design and / or procure production tooling, including stencils, vacuum plates, wave solder pallets and product-specific fixtures and jigs.
- Coordinate line reconfigurations and machine move activities, including equipment arrival, positioning and installation, and scheduling of support groups (Machine Support, Facilities, MIS, etc.) using the approved communication process.
- Verify that machine maintenance is performed as scheduled on assigned line(s).
- Encourage open communication and exchange of information within the M.E. department and between the various support groups.
- Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
- Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to operate a personal computer including using a Windows based operating system and related software.
- Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages.
- Ability to write simple correspondence. Read and understand visual aid.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions.
- Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related field
- At least 2 years of mechanical engineering experience preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with FMEAs and PCBs highly desired
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.