Jabil is looking for a Test Development Manager to become a part of growing Test Development team. As a Test Development Manager you will be hands-on Manager. You are required to take full ownership of the department, Financially and Technically. Since this position is for a hands-on manager, the qualified candidate will be applying the following criteria: developing test strategies, test plans, and Program managements.
You will be a functional expert and mentor others in the field of test engineering. You are required to perform and/or lead high complexity engineering work. The types of work include, in more than one area: managing test development department, providing technical leadership to the team, developing test solution and SOW, test crisis support and continuous improvement of core competency.
You will work closely with customers and Jabil’s extended cross-functional teams (design, manufacturing, PMO, Quality) to deliver carrier grade design and manufacturing test solutions. You will be a strong team player and play a critical part in defining future test strategies for the Test Engineering team at Jabil.
Test Development Manager is responsible for the operational performance, financial performance, and business development for the assigned test development globally and participates in organizational initiatives aimed at improving operational performance, customer service and technical capabilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
Recruitment and Retention:
- Leads recruiting efforts for the hiring of the test development engineering staff.
- Coach Lead Engineers in the interviewing/hiring process.
- Monitor turnover and develop retention strategies
Employee and Team Development:
- Identify individual and team strengths and development needs on an ongoing basis.
- Create and manage personnel development plans.
- Create and manage succession plans for the test development site.
- Perform personnel evaluations professionally and on time.
- Ensure recognition and rewards are managed fairly and consistently.
- Perform site manager evaluations professionally and on time.
- Drive individuals and the team to continuously improve in key operational metrics and the achievement of the organizational goals.
- Ensure recognition and rewards are managed fairly and consistently in area of responsibility.
- Provide communication forum for the exchange of ideas and information with the department.
- Organize verbal and written ideas clearly and use an appropriate business style.
- Ask questions; encourage input from team members.
Hands-on Functional Management:
- Assess communication style of individual team members and adapt own communication style accordingly.
- Work with business development teams, test engineering teams and external customers to gather information and develop manufacturing test strategies, plans, specifications, test HW & SW (complete End to End test solutions) of high complexity
- Collaborate with Test Engineering team on project team selection
- Be responsible for test development project success or failure
- Ensure test development tasks are executed to completion according to budget and schedule commitments from the test solution quotes
- Compose / review test plans, requirements, and specifications
- Implement new test technologies/philosophies/first-of-kind projects
- Evaluate new test methods and strategies to help customers improve efficiency, quality and reduce cost
- Develop and maintain good Customer relationship
- Assist in developing budgets and quoting of projects to Business Unit Managers
- Assist in developing global test strategies, methods and best practices
- Coach and mentor other test engineering team members; fostering multi-disciplinary team work, partnerships, and collaborations across various sites globally
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Typically reports to Sr. Management or Director. Direct supervisor job title(s) typically include: Sr. Manager Test Engineering
- Provides Team Leadership by mentoring others and guiding best practices throughout the organization
· Trackable experience in developing and managing complex project schedules, budgets, and more to completion
· Proven background in developing RF Cellular and/or Microwave test solutions for DVT and manufacturing
· Experience in developing and implementing structural, functional, system and ESS test plans and test cases
· Good knowledge of telecommunication systems (GSM, CDMA, LTE, Wi-Fi, GPS, IP, Broadband, Optical, etc)
· Experience in taking a product and developing complete test strategies. i.e. breaking a cellular or microwave product into separate test stages and steps
· Experience with Radio product subsystems and their testing (Power amplifier, Digital board, Modem, Antenna, etc…)
· Experience with Radio BTS level integration and test
· Good knowledge and experience with test automation using: C/C#/C++, VEE, Python, LabWindows/CVI, LabVIEW, TestStand, etc.
· Strong data analytical skills (including SPC, CpK)
· Experience in developing cost effective test stations for volume manufacturing
· Experience in developing new and innovative test methods to improve quality and reduce cost.
· Ability to document test plans and strategies in complete details for customer presentations
· Strong desire of accountability and ownership
· Outstanding knowledge on MS Windows, MS Office; Knowledge of UNIX and/or Linux is a plus
· Fluent in English speaking and writing
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelor’s degree (MSc. preferred) in Electronics Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent
· 8+ years of experience in RF test development in a telecommunication environment is a must
· 10+ years of experience in telecommunications in general (preferably in a design / test role)
· 5+ years of experience in Management.
· Willingness to travel domestically and/or world-wide up to 30% of the time
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.