Lead RF/EE Design Engineer
Req ID: J2316298-IL
At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Lead highly complex electrical hardware designs for customer or innovation projects. Responsible for ensuring technical milestones are achieved. Responsible for guiding other engineer team members electrical designs and leads technical design reviews. Ensures specification requirements input and design outputs align. This engineer will have demonstrated experience at releasing products into a production environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leader in developing and validating embedded hardware design applications.
- Leads/supervises embedded hardware design and PCB layout designs utilizing standard tools
- Directs all aspects of electronics circuit design with minimal supervision
- Mentors/coaches/trains engineers with less experience
- Partners with system architects to review and clarify design requirements and define the appropriate EE architecture.
- Expertly assemble prototypes, design first powerup, design debug and functional circuit verification.
- Work with and manage external component suppliers/manufacturers and provide input to their product roadmaps
- Communicates technical aspects of a project effectively to customers.
- Define design innovations and potential patentable solutions
- Leads resolution of complex design issues and manages design trade-offs
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Hands on with RF/EE measurement and debug
TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Detailed knowledge (with moderate complexity) of Industry or specific sector, regulatory and safety standards.
- Broad knowledge developing high complexity projects that have required one of more of Electrical Engineering Design specializations or competencies: Power supply Theory, Digital theory, Analog theory, RF Design, etc.
- Detailed knowledge and use of key development tools and design standards: Component derating, DFMEA, oscilloscopes, multi-meters, simulation tools, etc.
NON-TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Influence others and share best practices
- Effectively communicate with good understanding of English.
- Work as part of a global team
- Assess a project and articulating risk while developing project milestones.
- Develop projects in a stage-gate process (PLCQ)
- Mentor less experienced engineers.
- Leads cross-functional and EE design reviews
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Electrical Engineering Degree (BSEE/MSEE/PhD or equivalent experience)
- 8+ years experience in consumer electrical hardware design
- 5+ year experience with RF design and verification
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- ODM/OEM or CM working experiences is a plus
- Familiar with AR/VR, Mobile Phone/Device, or Camera Vision system
- Language: Fluent with Mandarin (Speak, Read, and Write) is a plus
- Travel requirements: Domestic and/or Global, up to 30%
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact the Federal Bureau of Investigations internet crime hotline (www.ic3.gov), the Federal Trade Commission identity theft hotline (www.identitytheft.gov) and/or your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.
The pay range for this role is $104,268 - $198,024. Job-related, non-discriminatory factors used to determine the actual offered rate include qualifications and experience, geographic location, education, external market data, and consideration of internal equity.
As part of the total rewards package, this position is eligible for a short-term incentive based on performance. In addition, Jabil offers benefits to enhance your health, wealth and resilient self. These include medical, dental, and vision insurance plans; 401(k) retirement plan and employee stock purchase plan; and paid time off.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.