Supervises the workcell materials team. Develops and implements materials strategies. Monitors and continually improves processes and performance metrics. Resolves materials issues. Acts as main customer contact on materials related issues.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Direct the Materials workcell team so that all material planning and production planning activities support the goals of the department and workcell.
· Supervises the materials workcell team. Provides meaningful and timely feedback on employee’s performance including completing and conducting annual performance appraisals and developing training plans. Responsible for all day-to-day activities on the production workcell.
· Develops and coordinates the implementation of workcell specific strategic materials initiatives. Executes materials department and workcell specific strategies.
· Develop the workcells understanding of performance metrics and insure efforts put forth by workcell hit or exceed the objectives. Monitors and continually improves processes and performance metrics for the materials workcell.
· Investigates reasons for any line down situation. Ensures the accuracy of critical data within the business system.
· Acts as main customer interface on all materials issues. Develops and coordinates the quoting process and/or demand management process.
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
Other duties may be assigned.
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
Job is directly responsible for managing other employees (e.g., hiring/termination and/or pay decisions, performance management).
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor’s degree + 2-3 years of related experience.
MBA preferred by not required
APICS certification preferred but not required
This position will be for 2nd Shift