Lead and Direct all workcell test engineering staff in operating within area of assigned responsibilities with a high level of efficiency, integrity and enthusiasm, striving to achieve excellence in all endeavors. Design, develop and maintain test procedures, tester hardware and software for electronic circuit board production.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
Recruitment and Retention:
· Recruit and interview Test Engineers and technicians.
· Communicate criteria to recruiters for Test Engineer III position candidates.
· Coach Test Engineers in the interviewing/hiring process.
· Monitor team member turnover; identify key factors that can be improved; make improvements.
Employee and Team Development:
· Identify individual and team strengths and development needs on an ongoing basis.
· Create and/or validate training curriculum in area of responsibility.
· Coach and mentor Test Engineering staff to deliver excellence to every internal and external customer.
· Establish clear measurable goals and objectives by which to determine individual and team results (i.e. operational metrics, results against project timelines, training documentation, attendance records, knowledge of operational roles and responsibilities, personal development goals).
· Solicit ongoing feedback from Test Engineering Manager, Workcell Manager (WCM), Business Unit Director (BUD), peers and team member on team member’s contribution to the Workcell team. Provide ongoing coaching and counseling to team member based on feedback.
· Express pride in staff and encourage them to feel good about their accomplishments.
· Perform team member evaluations professionally and on time.
· Drive individuals and the team to continuously improve in key operational metrics and the achievement of the organizational goals.
· Coordinate activities of large teams and keep them focused in times of crises.
· Ensure recognition and rewards are managed fairly and consistently in area of responsibility.
· Provide communication forum for the exchange of ideas and information with the department.
· Organize verbal and written ideas clearly and use an appropriate business style.
· Ask questions; encourage input from team members.
· Assess communication style of individual team members and adapt own communication style accordingly.
Business Strategy and Direction:
· Know and understand the campus strategic directions.
· Define, develop and implement test engineering strategies, which contribute to the campus strategic directions.
· Provide regular updates to Test Engineering Manager on the execution of the strategy.
· Identify creative ways to reduce cost by streamlining processes and systems (i.e. modification of responsibilities or consolidation of tasks, elimination of non-value-added processes, or complete re-engineering of processes and systems).
· Utilize tools to monitor departmental cost and cost trends, striving continuously to improve value.
· Provide feedback to Test Engineering Manager on cost and cost trends.
TECHNICAL MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
· Lead the workcell team (assigned to customer) as a Lead Project Engineer.
· Communicate all aspects of design and development to customer’s engineering staff.
· Perform duties, which involve conventional engineering practices that may include a variety of complex duties from ICT, FVT, ESS to System level test.
· Assign Test Engineers to customer Workcells.
· Monitor the performance of each Workcell, with regards to test, giving guidance to ensure continuous improvements.
· Manage the engineering test function for standard and/or custom devices.
· Identify and evaluate test procedures and test equipment required to perform quality checks.
· Manager equipment and product test performance and make recommendations for changes in the testing process.
· Develop special test equipment and software text programs as required for the successful completion of project.
· Develop customer setup training program for new product testing procedures.
· Lead and implement training and assist test engineers.
· Explore new avenues and test technologies for quality improvements on product assigned.
· Perform detailed analysis on test quality of product assigned, identify trends and spearhead corrective actions.
· Monitor, through assigned test engineer, all NPI activities.
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
Bachelors of Science in Electronics or Electrical Engineering from a college or university and ten years experience.