Manually prepares parts for circuit board assembly in accordance with workmanship standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Performs basic, standardized and repetitive electronic assembly operations and labeling of components, assemblies or subassemblies.
· Preps and assembles manually inserted components per visual aids, upon verification of specs from visual aid.
· Ensures assemblies and components are properly handled and marked.
· Accurately maintains daily logs; monitors and restocks parts bins as required.
· Utilized bar code scanner and small hand tools.
· Visually inspects parts for proper insertion and placement.
· Works under direct, close supervision of manufacturing supervisor, or in his/her absence, from Group Leader, or other management so assigned.
· Follows detailed written or verbal instructions, including visual aids.
· Ensure that assigned area is clean and organized.
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
One to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must be able to obtain and maintain all required job related certifications.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Read and understand visual aid. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Must be able to calculate quantity of parts to be prepped and ready for use at any time. Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Individual may be required to sit, stand or walk. Reaching, bending, loading, and unloading of boards and reels is mandatory, as is lifting of up to 35 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and use of microscope and/or magnifying glass.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Individual’s primary workstation is located on the manufacturing floor. The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
Successful applicants will have to fulfill all prerequisites for contracts. Certain position may require US Citizenship.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.