Production Schedulers are responsible for assisting in the development and execution of an achievable two-week production schedule.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Assist with scheduling production activity in synch with MPS.
· Run planned orders in two-week buckets to detail what boards are to be built.
· Ensure Prep-Parts can and is keeping up with the build schedule.
· Focus on minimizing changeovers and production schedule changes while maintaining the integrity of the production board revision.
· Run clean-to-starts, on-time production shipments, EPS maintenance, purge, ECN, and deviation management, maintaining of a handbook.
· Assist running weekly clean-to-starts to determine any existing material shortages that need to be expedited.
· Work with Manufacturing Line Manager(s), Purchasing, and Inventory Control to recommend long term resolutions to shortages due to lack of material control on the production floor.
· At a minimum, conduct readiness meetings on New Products as well as revision changes five days prior to the build.
· Ensure that shipments made are routed to the correct destination, as well as the creation and maintenance of Sales Orders if that duty is placed on the Planner.
· Maintain Jabil packout module, EPS, or equivalent packout system.
· Manage the Deviation/ECN/Purge processes.
· Understand all product production flow.
· Maintain handbook on position by workcell.
· Continuous coordination and follow up with the workcell team.
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages.
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
· Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
· Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
· Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
· Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
· Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
· The physical demands describes here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Individual may be required to stand or walk for extended periods of time. Reaching, bending, and lifting up to 50 lbs.
· The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those and employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Individual’s work station is located in the stockroom on the manufacturing floor. The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.