The Molding Technician II maintains production yields by directly inspecting and/or reviewing reports and coordinating with other shifts to keep the process at peak efficiency and quality. (“Process” refers to in this job context as the entire molding process including equipment, settings, auxiliary units, robotics, etc.) In addition, this role directs and executes tool changes, utilizing RTC (Rapid Tool Change) techniques, per the production schedule. This role may lead teams of manufacturing support and other mold techs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Performs inspection and review tasks to keep process functioning at better than 95% yield.
· Answers equipment alarms and documents changes as required.
· Accomplishes repair of process/equipment as needed and directed by the daily priorities.
· Maintains process efficiency by keeping all logs and information needed for production reporting current.
· Performs daily mold cleanings as instructed in the Process Binders.
· Performs shut-down and close-out activities.
· Submits close-out/re-start data to Quality.
· Works with Production Control to maintain RTC calendar.
· Executes all RTC events utilizing the RTC Checklist.
· Enhances team efficiency by training and directing the training of less experienced personnel as designated by the Molding Team Leader.
· Improves working conditions by providing supervision of workplace environment with particular emphasis on safety.
· Eliminates down time by writing and processing work orders for/on damaged equipment requiring repair.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Industry/product knowledge
· Communication skills
· Problem solving skills/troubleshooting
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.