The Global Compliance Manager supports Jabil’s Global Compliance organization to improve Jabil’s worldwide ethics and compliance program. The Global Compliance organization’s responsibilities include our Code of Conduct, risk assessment, risk remediation and internal control design, ethics and compliance training, awareness and communication, reporting, program assessment, oversight and monitoring, integrity and ethics hotline management, internal compliance investigation, compliance counseling, M&A compliance risk assessment and integration, and records management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Partner with Global Compliance management in the development, execution and management of Global Compliance initiatives across all areas of compliance – Jabil’s Code of Conduct, M&A compliance risk assessment and integration, Records Management, Integrity and Ethics Hotline and Training.
· Partner with Global Compliance management to manage Jabil’s Global Integrity and Ethics Hotline by assessing and investigating reports of compliance matters, developing and delivering compliance training and messaging, and working with business and function owners to implement appropriate corrective actions as necessary.
· Partner with Global Compliance management to provide counseling and advice on key compliance subjects, issues and requirements.
· Provide management visibility to compliance planned objectives as well as their impact to the company’s overall compliance agenda by creating effective, concise and organized presentations.
· Collaborate with Internal Audit as necessary to review audit reports, discuss corrective action plans and assist setting audit plans.
· Engage and assist in the review and execution of various compliance agreements, with external vendors for Compliance related services, including Global Agreements, Statement of Work, Non-Disclosure Agreements, etc.
· Manage numerous third party relationships regarding Corporate Compliance matters.
· Partner with Global Compliance management to manage various Compliance third party systems, including those relating to the Integrity Hotline, Records Management and Third Party Due Diligence.
· Collaborate in team meetings to assist with the development, oversight and monitoring of various compliance activities, discuss findings and share executable best practices.
· Collaborate in the development and implementation of regular team and Company-wide communications, such as website or newsletters.
· Partner with Global Compliance management to proactively monitor relevant worldwide regulatory changes, evaluate impact on business operations and/or existing corporate policies and procedures, recommend and update compliance activities/materials as required.
· Interface with global and local HR regarding compliance training requirements and implementation.
· Partner with Global Compliance management, and outside counsel as needed, to manage Jabil’s Integrity and Ethics Hotline, and in the end-to-end process of conducting internal compliance investigations.
· Partner with HR and other internal investigation groups to ensure the investigation and closure of compliance issues in comprehensive and timely manner.
· Conduct appropriate M&A compliance risk assessments and due diligence, including integration of new facilities to Jabil’s worldwide ethics and compliance program.
· Provide periodic reports detailing recent work activities and planned objectives as well as their impact to the company’s overall compliance agenda.
· Ensure all Sensitive and Confidential Information is handled appropriately.
· Adhere to all Safety and Health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
· General interaction with Executive and Local Management on a day to day basis.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Demonstrated knowledge of applicable anti-corruption, anti-bribery and financial fraud laws and regulations.
· Demonstrated knowledge of the requirements and restrictions impacting complex multi-jurisdictional compliance investigations preferred.
· Demonstrated business acumen, complemented by strategic expertise and sound judgment.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS, ABILITIES AND EXAMPLE BEHAVIOR(S)
· BE ANALYTICAL: Able to effectively gather all relevant information; Able to identify key issues; Able to qualitatively and / or quantitatively process data; Able to identify relationships, draw logical conclusions and interpret results for use in decision-making
· QUESTION: Able to use effective fact-finding techniques to discover all relevant information; Able to ask questions that are not leading or biased; Able to challenge assumptions
· BE RESOURCEFUL: Able to be willing to adapt to shifting priorities, multiple demands, ambiguity, and rapid change; Able to develop new approaches to work systems or problem-solving; Able to maximize use of available resources to achieve the best results consistent with company objectives; Able to know who to go to and make use of others' expertise
· ORGANIZE: Able to assemble appropriate resources (people, funding, material, support) to get things done; Able to manage multiple activities simultaneously to accomplish goals; Able to schedule and coordinate work of others; Able to establish efficient work procedures to meet objectives; Able to form the right structures and teams to enhance productivity
· BE DECISIVE: Able to make sound decisions within time constraints; Able to commit to a course of action, even in ambiguous situations, without excessive deliberation; Able to identify unique (but effective) solutions
· DELIVER QUALITY RESULTS: Able to deliver top quality service to all customers (internal and external); Able to ensure all details are covered and adhere to Jabil’s policies; Able to strive to do things right the first time; Able to meet agreed-upon commitments or advises customer when deadlines are jeopardized; Able to define high standards for quality and evaluate products, services, and own performance against those standards
· FOLLOW-UP: Able to monitor and evaluate progress of assignments / projects
· BE PERSONALLY PRODUCTIVE: Able to use own time efficiently and avoid wasting time; Able to organize work with realistic priorities for self and others; Able to demonstrate stamina to sustain effort over a period of time; Able to set high but realistic standards for self; Able to produce a high volume of work; Able to balance personal and work commitments to maintain "personal best" conditions
· ACT WITH INTEGRITY: Able to demonstrate uncompromising adherence to ethical principles; Able to demonstrate honesty in all actions; Able to admit and correct mistakes promptly; Able to assume full responsibility and accountability for own actions
· ADAPT: Able to maintain effectiveness by changing personal behavior and work routines / habits in response to new circumstances and requirements
· COLLABORATE: Able to act as part of a larger team outside of the immediate department or group; Able to understand the importance of working with peers in other areas or management to reach "best practice" solutions for the organization; Able to inform and seek information to anticipate and consider the impact of decisions or actions on the overall organization
· PRESENT SKILLFULLY: Able to prepare and deliver clear, effective, and professional presentations
· WRITE PROFICIENTLY: Able to convey information clearly and effectively through both formal and informal documents; Able to write in a well-organized and concise, yet complete, format; Able to use vocabulary appropriate for the audience; Able to constructively review and edit the written work of others
· BE A QUICK STUDY: Able to quickly learn and apply new information, skills and processes; Able to build on current knowledge and skills; Able to gather information from the appropriate resources to develop and execute plans when entering new situations
· BE PROFESSIONAL: Able to project a positive, professional image with both internal and external business contacts; Able to create a positive first impression; Able to gain respect and trust of others through personal image and demeanor
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· BA required, masters or legal degree preferred.
· Minimum of 12 years of work –related experience, preferably in a multi-national corporate setting, or a combination of work-related experience and masters or legal degree.
· Previous work experience in Ethics/Compliance required.
· Proven proficiency in conducting complex multi-jurisdictional compliance investigations preferred.
· Proven ability to effectively lead large scale multi-disciplinary projects and initiatives.
· Proven ability to coordinate and/or manage teams and projects in a complex environment to track and deliver measurable results.
· Proven ability to work efficiently and proactively, prioritizing workflow, meet demanding deadlines, and manage projects in a fast-paced environment.
· Proven ability to provide guidance on key compliance subjects, issues and requirements.
· Proven ability to compile and analyze metrics and data and report on related trends and observations in a straightforward, helpful manner.
· Proven effective organizational agility, analytical and creative thinking, and written and verbal communication skills.
· Proven effective interpersonal, cultural competency, and the ability to work as part of a team.
· Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required.
· Regular business hours. Some additional hours may be required.
· Travel requirements: Domestic and/or International, up to 30%.
· Climate controlled office environment during normal business hours.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.