ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Provides input for colleague’s performance appraisals
· Assists Test Engineers when commissioning new test equipment.
· Provides technical assistance to other technicians on the same shift.
· Provides line support to manufacturing for all test processes.
· Ensures “machine down” calls are responded to in a timely manner.
· Liaises with manufacturing to determine repair priorities.
· Ensures adequate spares are available for all allocated equipment.
· Ensures Preventative Maintenance is carried out at specified intervals on all allocated equipment.
· Liaises with manufacturing to ensure Preventative Maintenance does not impact production schedule.
· Escalates to Test Engineers any unresolved/ongoing issues.
· Instructs operators on safe/effective use of test equipment.
· Provides daily report of all line issues.
· Provides weekly/quarterly downtime reports for allocated equipment.
· Sources spares from the most cost effective supplier.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
· Ability to operate a personal computer including using a Windows based operating system and related software.
· Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages.
· Ability to write simple correspondence. Read and understand visual aid.
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions.
· Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
· Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
· Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.