The Business Intelligence (BI) position is one of the key positions in the SAP Business Intelligence Team (BI) within the Global Corporate Information Technology.
As a member of Business Intelligence team implementing enterprise data warehousing, based upon an SAP BW architecture, the BI Architect is responsible for evolution and production support of the data warehouse architecture and BI environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Work collaboratively with the business community and ITS colleagues to establish a secure, effective, and efficient data warehouse architecture supporting multiple business subject areas.
· Work directly with functional analysts and project teams as a lead or team member to develop new data warehouse functionality and architecture from business specifications by modeling, designing, developing, testing and implementing the appropriate back-end structures (including Infosources, ODSs, and Info Cubes) needed to meet business requirements.
· Provide proactive investigation, review, assessment, design and implementation of methods to improve existing processes, performance, security and data access. Assess existing and available data warehousing technologies and methods to ensure our BI architecture meets the needs of the business unit and enterprise and allows for business growth. Provide recommendations on evolution of the architecture.
· Prepare and review functional specifications and detailed technical designs for software solutions based on help desk tickets, user enhancement requests and functional requirements.
· Provide development support for existing environment including coding, documentation, and testing of modifications to existing BW production environment based upon prepared design.
· Experience in developing Infocubes and queries in at least one of the modules: HR, SD, MM, FI, PP and PU.
· Knowledge of BW and SAP Tools: ALE, IDOC, CTS, Authorizations and/or ABAP.
· Hands 6 - 12 months of working knowledge of ABAP.
· Provide production support and administration of BW back-end operations to ensure data is successfully extracted from source systems, transformed, loaded into the warehouse and available for business use when needed, including off-hours and week-ends. Also includes resolution of daily issues/requests, performance management, maintenance upgrades, and production migrations.
· Perform various data analyses and generate and maintain various reports based upon departmental and enterprise needs.
· Provide insight based on past experiences, offer suggestions and possible solutions to challenges and issues presented.
· Have strong desire to grow in Architecture, Business Intelligence, growing Technical capacities in the SAP BI space.
OTHER ANCILLARY DUTIES:
· Participate in the exchange of ideas and information within the department.
· Organize verbal and written ideas clearly and use an appropriate business style.
· Ask questions; encourage input from team members.
· Provide regular updates to appropriate managers.
· Identify creative ways to reduce cost by streamlining processes and systems (i.e. modification of responsibilities or consolidation of tasks, elimination of non-value added processes, or complete re-engineering of processes and systems).
· Drive continuous improvement through trend reporting analysis and metrics management.
· Offer new ideas and suggestions for improvement. Identify and implement new practices and processes that are “best in field”.
· Demonstrate a commitment to customer service; anticipate, meet and exceed expectations by solving problems quickly and effectively; making customer issues a priority.
· Confer with reporting manager on complex or unusual situations.
· Establish new measurement systems if/where possible.
· Exchange knowledge and information with other Jabil facilities to ensure best practices are shared throughout the Jabil organization.
· Ensure 100% adherence to all company policies and procedures (i.e. Security, Health, Safety and Quality).
· Maintain discretion and confidentiality in all areas pertaining to data and proprietary information, whether internal to Jabil or customer specific.
· Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
· Maintain discretion and confidentiality in all areas pertaining to the IT systems.
· Understand and embrace the business and IT strategic direction.
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
· Ability to operate a personal computer including using a Windows based operating system and related software.
· Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages.
· Ability to write simple correspondence. Read and understand visual aid.
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions.
· Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
· Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
· Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.