Jabil EMS (Electronic Manufacturing Services) Ireland, Blanchardstown Dublin 15, are hiring a Quality Inspector I to join our Manufacturing Department on evening shift. The role involves:
- To assist in the operation of the manufacturing line while ensuring the highest quality and striving for efficiency and excellence in all endeavors while adhering to all safety requirements.
Key Responsibilities and End Results:
- Perform routine and repetitive inspection procedures to ensure quality levels at various stages of production.
- Inspect in-process and/or finished production assemblies and sub-assemblies for conformance to quality assurance standards.
- Read and follow visual aides, engineering change notices, or established operating procedures, determine acceptance or rejection of product.
- Work under close supervision of Manufacturing supervisor or other designated supervisor.
- Follow standardized and routine written directions and visual aides for assigned quality assurance inspection operations.
- Visually inspect products using magnifying glass, lot sampling methods, first article checks, and /or AOI machines.
- Enter standardized information into computerized MES system using simple keystrokes to indicate pass or failure of board.
- Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
- Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
- Other ad hoc duties may be assigned.
- Computer literate with intermediate / Advanced MS Office skills.
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic individual with strong communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work with cross functional teams.
- Strong planning & organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficiency in the English language is a requirement alongside eligibility to work in Ireland.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines.
- A “can do” work ethic with excellent problem-solving skills.
- Minimum Leaving Certificate required or equivalent. May substitute experience in lieu of educational requirements.
- 1-2 years’ experience working as an assembly inspector or a similar role is required.
- Operator II level is highly advantageous with a certification in Quality station in Server and R&S.
- Experience in leading process improvements / lean manufacturing activities in a manufacturing environment is advantageous.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.