Perform necessary assessments, inventories and inspections for various environmental and safety regulations, to include; Job Hazard Assessments, accident Investigations, various environmental inspections, hazard control and prevention reports, fire extinguishers, fire suppression systems, emergency lighting, and tracking and verification of corrective actions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Utilize various software programs for performing updates to existing documents and creating new documentation.
· Maintain data pertaining to MSDS, Accident Reports and corrective action.
· Assist or provide specialized training classes pertaining to environmental and/or safety-related subjects to various personnel within the company.
· Prepare various reports for agencies and internal documentation.
· Maintain files and documentation records as required by various agencies.
· Control and oversee Personal Protective Equipment program.
· Assist in developing new programs and procedures as needed.
· Work with in established guideline for the continual improvement of the Environmental Health and Safety Department.
· Oversee Ergonomics Program and conduct workstation audits.
· Oversee the Fire Suppression and extinguisher inspection program.
· Assist in reviewing and participate in the Emergency Response Program.
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
· Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
· Ability to operate a personal computer including using a Windows based operating system and related software.
· Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages.
· Ability to write simple correspondence. Read and understand visual aid.
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions.
· Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
· Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
· Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.