Radius Innovation & Development is searching for a Senior Industrial Designer who is passionate about leading project teams, and adept at creating compelling user experiences and innovative solutions. This position will report to the Director of Innovation with significant and collaborative interaction with members of the engineering, research, human factors, strategy, and business development teams.
WHY JOIN US:
Radius is the innovation consulting arm of Jabil, the most technologically advanced manufacturing solutions provider in the world. Together we are the only end-to-end innovation consulting business committed to solving our clients' toughest challenges.
With the multi-disciplinary strengths of strategists, researchers, human factors specialists, designers, and conceptual engineers, we help clients identify as well as capitalize on the next game-changing opportunity – through experiences and products designed to win. We can be best described as change agents, entrepreneurial professionals backed by a large, established Fortune 100 organization.
WHAT YOU ARE:
We are looking for someone who can inspire fellow designers and lead with both empathy and conviction for the people we design for. As a Senior Industrial Designer, you will play a crucial role throughout the entire project process — using research to inspire our design teams to create better experiences, inform better prototypes, and elevate the perspective of our clients. You will excel at conceptualizing new ways of providing new and improved value to our clients through translating marketing and user insights into compelling product solutions.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Hands-on involvement with product development programs in a cross-functional team environment and maintaining design department standards that demonstrate design excellence;
- Apply excellent aesthetic and critical thinking skills to guide projects, inspire through example, and infuse design passion;
- Strong concept exploration sketching skills and the ability to visually think through problems and complex scenarios;
- Contribute and articulate knowledge and experience in design and strategy to product development projects offering strong visual and verbal storytelling skills to emotionally connect concepts with user and market desires;
- Strong understanding of the product development process;
- Lead and participate in project teams from concept generation, refinement, and detailing
- Manage multiple stakeholder needs both effectively and sensitively;
- Promote a culture of pride, passion, and integrity.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING:
- 5+ years of industrial design experience, with solid experience in Healthcare, ideally in a consulting environment;
- A strong understanding of product design, user research, and design execution. Experience in leading projects successfully, a firm understanding of consumer needs, branding, technology, and manufacturing methods while delivering world-class design;
- Bring a broad set of technical skills (user research & testing, sketching, digital sketching/rendering, model making, 3D-CAD modeling, high-fidelity rendering, UI/UX skills a plus etc.) to the team;
- Strong presentation skills with a creative and compelling storytelling style;
- Passion for leading teams and teaching others about design;
- Experience using investigative research to uncover human insights;
- Business and consulting savvy, with an ability to think strategically;
- Innate curiosity, and a passion for telling compelling human stories and connecting the stories to clear insights and design solutions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.