At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Working under general supervision, plans, maps, sequences and performs assembly of complex electrical, mechanical and pneumatic robotic and equipment from verbal and written instructions. Performs layout of mechanical, pneumatic and electrical schematics.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Performs a variety of diagnostic troubleshooting activities on assembly automation equipment.
· Makes mechanical, electrical, pneumatic or hydraulic repairs to assembly automation equipment
· Performs equipment failure analysis, repairs, and scheduled preventative maintenance on robotic and automated equipment.
· Sets up manual and semi-automatic assembly lines and assists in operating pre-production runs.
· Assists in installing new automated equipment and in moving equipment to new locations.
· Creates new robot programs and edit existing robot programs.
· Updates manuals and programs for automated equipment.
· Keeps accurate reports of all activities performed on each piece of equipment.
· Provides input to engineering staff on areas for machine improvements.
· Supports all company safety and quality programs and initiatives.
· Other responsibilities may be assigned from time to time as needed, based on the evolution of the company and the requirements of the department/position.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Ability to use advanced trades mathematics together with use of complex drawings, specifications and charts.
· Ability to use all varieties of precision measuring instruments
· Must be able to apply judgment to perform more difficult work with use of complex drawings, specifications and charts.
· Ability to program and troubleshoot PLC (programmable logic controllers) and ladder logic.
· Ability to read and understand electrical drawings and schematics.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.