The role of the Regional Manager Program Office is to lead and manage the transfer of products from the customer or other EMS providers to Jabil and ensure a controlled ramp up phase. This role extends beyond the internal Jabil boundaries and includes management leadership and interaction with external partners to deliver a cost, delivery and technology effective supply chain for the benefit of the customer and Jabil.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Act as the customer interface to plan and implement product transfers in to Jabil sites.
· Identify the goals, objectives, and scope of NPI projects while working with relevant BU and Operations staff, both internal and external to Jabil.
· Work within the defined standards and procedures as set out by Jabil and the customer to successfully introduce new products.
· Provide regular and consistent communication between the launch team, the business unit, and the customer.
· Handle NPI project management issues such as
o Program Ownership & Planning
o Customer Interface
o Information Channel - Program & Data Set-Up
o Technology Challenges & Targets
o Program Kick Off
o Supply Chain Management
o Project Tracking & Milestone Management
o Tooling Management
o Build & Capacity Management
· Identify potential risks and make resolution suggestion through the escalation process.
· Open and regular communication of priorities and status of projects with Executive Management, regional and site leadership
· Participate in other special projects on a case-by-case basis.
· Build team(s) to address the project goals and objectives for multiple and/or enterprise level projects.
· Review project schedules with functional project managers allocated to projects.
· Provide processes, structure and motivation to project managers to successfully achieve project goal and corporate initiatives
· Manage project managers who develop project plans with focus on achievement of project goals and corporate initiatives, including project specific Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) or metrics to ensure standards are adhered to and best practice.
· Responsible for forecasting project budget and HR needs for current and future regional needs
· Provide leaders with updates, including greatest opportunities for improvement
· Drive continuous improvement through trend reporting analysis and metrics management
· Demonstrate a commitment to customer service; anticipate, meet and exceed expectations by solving problems quickly and effectively, making customer issues a priority
· Coach others through difficult decision making situations
· Design clear and consistent messages for a variety of diverse audiences, ensuring relevance and effectiveness of delivery
· Working closely with communications, stakeholders , and management to stay informed of important company information to evaluate and measure program effectiveness and impact on the business
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Project Management Professional (PMP) certification essential
· Knowledge of Jabil operating policies and procedures required
· Expert knowledge of Jabil’s culture and guiding principles
· Must be adept at navigating the diversified landscape with respect to country cultures, company divisions and internal hierarchies
· Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required
· Previous experience in electronics manufacturing
· Supply Chain experience
· Prior experience in customer interface
· Strong operational and financial knowledge required
· Substantial knowledge of Jabil and demonstrated ability to leverage organization
· Consultative skills (ability to understand true customer needs)
· Good communications skills
· Distinctive problem solving leader
· Demonstrated team leadership capabilities
· Person should have the following personal characteristics: strong leader, professional, hard-charging, detail-oriented, reliable, calm under fire, creative, with a can-do attitude.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelor’s degree required (Supply Chain Management or Engineering)
· Minimum seven (7) years work-related experience required in a supervisory/management role AND
· Minimum 3 years project management experience or related discipline.
· Or an equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.