Job Description – Project / Program Manager
Location: Florence, KY - Onsite
At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Opportunity Made Better Made Possible - are you ready to join the team?
Our Project / Program Manager will facilitate and lead strategic initiatives for a defined customer (internal or external) or user. They will provide management and guidance to multi-functional project teams, as well as manage and enhance customer relationships. Our Project / Program Manager will provide full accountability for project budgets, schedules, project management, and performance requirements for enterprise level projects.
IN YOUR ROLE YOU WILL
· Responsible for ensuring all of the project requirements and/or objectives are correctly gathered, understood and properly translated for execution.
· Build team(s) to address the project goals and objectives for multiple and/or enterprise level projects.
· Collaborate with customer (internal or external) from requirements gathering through product acceptance.
· Align the program team to customer needs by establishing milestones, goals, and objectives based on input from all functional areas and stakeholders within the enterprise project.
· Review project schedules with functional project managers and project coordinators allocated to projects.
· Provide guidance and motivation to project teams to successfully achieve project goal and corporate initiatives.
· Communicate project objectives in terms of overall strategic business objectives.
· Serve as interface with customers, vendors, stakeholders and project sponsor(s).
· Devise creative solutions to critical customer and user needs.
· Manage development of project plans with focus on achievement of project goals and corporate initiatives, including project specific Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) or metrics.
· Obtain and summarize current project information and milestone status versus project performance baseline.
· Financial Management and analysis of costs for enterprise level projects and programs including Capital Expenditures Requests (CER’s) travel, training, resources allocation and other project related costs.
· Responsible for forecasting project budget and HR needs for current and future site needs.
· Accountable for overall project success - including cost, schedule, quality, and scope management.
· Provide leaders with updates, including greatest opportunities for improvement.
· Identify best cost solutions to reduce cost by streamlining processes and systems (i.e. modification of responsibilities or consolidation of tasks, elimination of non-value added processes, or complete re-engineering of processes and systems).
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelor’s degree required.
· 3-5+ years of work-related experience required in project management or program management in a manufacturing environment.
· Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.