Determines appropriate inspection processes and directs IQC/SQE personnel, where applicable, in operating within area of assigned responsibility with a high level of efficiency, integrity and enthusiasm, while striving to achieve excellence in all endeavors. Represents the Supplier Quality Management function of technical support, leads containment and resolution of supplier quality issues with the manufacturers and communicate status on non-conforming parts/suppliers across all programs. Evaluates supplier performance, drives supplier improvements and corrective actions through the SCAR process.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- High level to define the technical support on develops and implements Supply base strategies that drive improvements is supplier selection, development, and leverage across customer programs for quality improvements and cost savings.
- Ensuring the technical support on respective area of Supplier Quality Management is fulfill and complied with internal and external customer.
- Provides regular updates to Quality Manager on the execution of the strategy.
- Provides support for NPI activities by participation in the AQP (Advanced Qualification Program) process as required.
- Ensures that all production critical supplier issues are resolved in a timely manner, and corrective actions are implemented.
- Defines and develops the appropriate Inspection Plans and Inspection Methods, directs Receiving Inspection Auditors.
- Defines and develops the inspection processes via inspection aids and instruction guidelines.
- Ensuring ongoing site supplier evaluation is performed. This would be achieved by using site information collected from Receiving.
- Inspection, MRB (Material Review Board), Customer Returns, SCAR (Supplier Corrective Action Report) database and by liaison efforts with customer work cells. Performance will be reported internally, to the supplier, and to the customer where applicable.
- Monitors and drives PPM (Parts Per Million) issues with the supply base in addition to helping them achieve “Dock to Stock” certified with Jabil (in accordance to the vendor performance system).
- Reviews all supplier discrepancies. Coordinates and tracks the corrective/preventative action effort.
- Proactively communicate information or issues that may impact the product costs or manufacturability to all affected departments.
- Provides insight and assistance of implementing and maintaining Process Improvement and Optimization concentrating on proactive methodologies with the supply base.
- Leads SCAR – Supplier Corrective/Preventive Action process for problem resolution and continuous improvement, including critical analysis of supplier DOE (Design of Experiment), CPK (Process Capability Index), Gauge R&R (Repeatability and Reproducibility) studies.
- Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
- Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Typically reports to Management. Direct supervisor job title(s) typically include: Quality Manager
- Job is NOT directly responsible for managing other employees (e.g., hiring/termination and/or pay decisions, performance management).
- Strong electro / mechanical background desired; knowledge of plastic injection molding & tooling, metal stampings & tooling, metal fabrication, machining and various electrical components, connectors, PCB & PCBA, cable assembly, full assembly integration etc.
- Able to read and interpret mechanical drawings (6 sigma training desired).
- Good skills in MS excel, word, power point, visio, and project.
- Understanding of the quality system, medical and commercial regulatory requirements and how they relate to the business.
- Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree required, Bachelor’s degree in Engineering preferred
- Minimum 8 years of experience in Quality or Manufacturing Engineering
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training, or experience
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.