The Ops Project Management Intern will assist in developing facility, equipment maintenance and EHS infrastructure in projects with varying levels of complexity. Responsible for managing assigned projects through the various stages of the project lifecycle, from concept to implementation. This includes support the development of functional requirements by compiling and gathering of data, developing of SOP’s, performing risk assessments and project plans w/milestones.
This position is expected to start around May or June 2022 and end around August/September. Internship assignments are three to four months.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Develops and works with stakeholders to define project plan, establishing direction with clear dates, deliverables and success criteria.
· Ensure all project requirements and/or objectives are correctly gathered, understood and properly translated for execution.
· Provide regular project updates to project team, relevant departments, stakeholders, project champions and senior leadership as needed.
· Recognize project Key Performance Indicators and manage the work within scope, quality, time and cost constraints.
· Conduct project risk reviews and appropriate mitigation.
· Facilitate communication as appropriate with all stakeholders. This includes escalating issues to management in a timely manner.
· Accountable for leading the overall project success of low complexity projects and for more complex projects contributes to overall project success - including cost, schedule, quality, and scope management.
· Ensure all sensitive and confidential information is handled appropriately
·Identify and prepare proposals that close gaps and mitigate risk.
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
• Organize verbal and written ideas clearly and use an appropriate business style
• Ability to effectively present information to management and/or customer personnel
• Ability to respond in a timely fashion to common inquiries or complaints.
• Demonstrate high performance orientation, detail orientation, and computer skills.
• Demonstrate ability to build and leverage partnerships, implement change and manage projects.
• Proficiency in use of personal computers, to include Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required.
• Desired Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of project management software such as Microsoft Project or Smartsheets.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• The Candidate should have or must be pursuing a degree in Operations, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Project Management. Or, candidate may be pursuing a certification in PMP or equivalent.
• Or an equivalent combination of education, experience and/or training
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.