Performs manual or automated processes that ensure the correct recording of material transfers both into and out of the site.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Reads Customer Order, Work Order, shipping order or requisition to determine items to be moved, gathered, or distributed or shipped.
· Assists shipping and receiving (as needed) unloading trucks, checking in merchandise, Moves materials and items from receiving or storage areas to shipping or to other designated areas.
· Sorts or places materials on items or racks, shelves or in bins according to predetermine sequence such as size, type, style, color or product code.
· Marks materials with identifying information using appropriate method; Opens bales, crates and other containers
· Weighs or counts items for distribution with plant to ensure conformance to company standards.
· Prepares parcels for mailing.
· Keeps warehouse and work area clean by sweeping, dusting, and mopping.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
· Ability to operate a personal computer including using a Windows based operating system and related software.
· Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages.
· Ability to write simple correspondence. Read and understand visual aid.
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions.
· Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
· Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
· Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.