Working under limited supervision, performs complex maintenance and repairs on electrical, mechanical, pneumatic and/or hydraulic plant equipment and machinery. Assists supervisor in coordinating the activities of employees engaged in installation, maintenance and repairs on electrical, mechanical, pneumatic and/or hydraulic plant equipment and machinery. Coordinates and assigns daily work to employees based on production schedules and maintains the flow of work.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Performs routine preventive maintenance and emergency mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and electrical maintenance on production systems and equipment, using knowledge of circuitry, electronics, electrical-mechanical devices, motors, wiring diagrams, schematics, and blueprints.
· Trouble shoots, repairs, aligns, calibrates, inspects, and tests a variety of production systems and equipment.
· Sets up assembly line equipment within established parameters.
· Assists in installing new equipment and in moving equipment to new locations.
· Disassembles machines and parts, and adjusts, repairs or replaces defective parts and materials.
· Uses a variety of basic hand and power tools and equipment including hand drill, bench grinder and band saw.
· Instructs assemblers on proper use of equipment.
· Maintains appropriate maintenance and repair logs.
· Cleans and lubricates parts and equipment as scheduled.
· Requisitions parts needed for completion of preventive maintenance responsibilities.
· Removes and installs molds in machines following established procedures.
· Learns all aspects of machine maintenance and becomes cross-trained in all areas of assembly equipment.
· Leads, assigns and coordinates the daily work activities of lower level maintenance technician personnel.
· Prioritizes and organizes work assignments and delegates those assignments.
· Maintains workflow, ensuring availability of proper materials.
· Maintains employee time and activity records
· Observes employees in assigned work area ensuring all housekeeping, health and safety regulations are followed.
· Trains new and less experienced technicians in proper procedures. Writes and verifies work instructions.
· Support all company safety and quality programs and initiatives.
· Other responsibilities may be assigned from time to time as needed, based on the evolution of the company and the requirements
of the department/position.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
· Typically reports to Management. Direct supervisor job title(s) typically include:
· Job is NOT directly responsible for managing other employees (e.g., hiring/termination and/or pay decisions, performance management).
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.