The Molding Technician III maintains production yields by monitoring, managing, and improving the production process for peak efficiency and quality. (“Process” refers to in this job context as the entire molding process including equipment, process settings, auxiliary units, assembly equipment, robotics, etc.) In addition, this role performs tool changes, utilizing RTC (Rapid Tool Change) techniques, per the production schedule. Reviews production reports and coordinates with other shifts to optimize output.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Performs inspection and review tasks to keep process functioning at optimum levels.
Answers equipment alarms and documents changes as required.
· Performs daily autonomous maintenance tasks as scheduled.
· Accomplishes repair of process/equipment as needed and directed by the daily priorities.
· Trouble-shoots process, mold, material, and equipment problems; assists Maintenance determining and performing any necessary repairs.
· Maintains process efficiency by keeping all logs and information needed for production reporting.
· Performs shut-down and start-up activities.
· Submits close-out/re-start data to Quality.
· Works with Production Control to implement the production schedule.
· Executes all Rapid Tool Change events.
· Enhances team efficiency by training less-experienced personnel as designated by the Molding Team Leader.
· Improves working conditions of workplace environment with particular emphasis on safety.
· Eliminates down time by writing and processing work orders for/on damaged equipment requiring repair.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Minimum five to eight years experience in Injection Molding
· Ability to understand and trouble-shoot injection molding processes, molds, molding machines, and auxiliary equipment.
· Good communication skills. Team player.
Jabil provides an attractive benefits package including competitive wage, 401k, profit-sharing, competitive healthcare insurance rates, STD/LTD/FMLA/paternity leave, and discounted stock purchase plan
Our Atlanta facility employs state-of-the-art molding and assembly equipment to produce high-quality parts driving high customer satisfaction and a stable work environment.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.