Quality Engineer I
Location: Elmira, NY
At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Opportunity Made Better Made Possible - are you ready to join the team?
Our Quality Engineer I will be responsible to develop, implement and maintain Quality System requirements on assigned areas of manufacturing, supplier management, and process validation.
In your role you will:
- Areas of responsibility may include: non-conforming product, CAPA, calibration systems, supplier auditing, sterility assurance, and improving measuring techniques, design of gages, training, statistical support, quality planning, experimental protocols, and facilitation of root cause analysis, risk assessment and complaint investigation.
- Communicate and resolve quality issues and apply root cause analysis to drive corrective and preventive actions.
- Work on continuous improvement activities. These may include participating in, and/or leading Quality Improvement Teams.
- Provide quality reports and review trending on assigned areas of responsibility.
- Conduct failure investigations and problem analysis regarding customer complaints, stock evaluations, supplier quality issues, calibration out of tolerance conditions, and CAPAs (internal or audit CAPAs).
- Review and approve documents and drawings for manufacturing and product development (DCOs, MCs).
- Support to Engineering, Manufacturing, Materials, Inspection, Distribution and/or Product Development Groups in order to assure quality and compliance of products.
- Design gauging and develop tools and techniques to measure product parameters to assure product complies with engineering drawings.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Ability to manage multiple projects/requirements in a fast-paced environment.
- A minimum of 1 year (professional, internship, co-op, etc.) engineering experience working in a quality system framework (ISO 9001 or similar).
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Medical device/diagnostic/or pharmaceutical industry experience.
- Knowledge of FDA’s QSR and ISO regulations.
- Working knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing, Blueprint Reading, Basic Metrology, Gage design, Design/Process FMEA and Quality Plan Development.
- Knowledge of Gage Repeatability and Reproducibility, Statistical Process Control, Process Capability and Design of Experiments.
- ASQ Certified Quality Engineer, Lean Manufacturing and/or Six Sigma certification.
- Knowledge of Manufacturing materials and removal processes (machining, sheet metal, electro polishing, passivation, hard coating, cleaning, adonization, etc.).
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.