At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Opportunity Made Better Made Possible - are you ready to join the team?
JOB SUMMARY - Electrical System Architect
Electrical System Architects at Jabil collaborate with customers, sales and product planning to establish the technical direction for Jabil design teams in the Cloud and Compute markets.
As an Electrical System Architect, you will be expected to:
- demonstrate a level of expertise in a particular area that matches or exceeds the expertise of customers
- assess technical requirements
- determine competencies needed during quoting
- develop system architectures
- monitor the technical direction of designs during product development
- and mentor others in the organization to build team members design capability
IN YOUR ROLE YOU WILL
- Advise on and discuss technology tradeoffs with customers, product planning and business development.
- Establish technical direction for customer originated projects and Jabil's own cloud compute product offerings. Technical direction includes:
- alignment to product requirements documents
- architectural tradeoffs on cost, complexity and schedule
- logical block diagrams, physical system partitioning
- leveraging strategy and risk planning
- Collaborate with fellow system architects in the mechanical, thermal, firmware and software domains.
- Communicate technical direction to Jabil development teams through Jabil handoff documentation.
- Stay current on vendor technology capabilities in spaces such as CPUs, GPUs, Storage, Memory, FPGAs, board materials, regulators, power supplies etc.
- Remain ready to architect to the latest industry trends including areas such as Open Compute (OCP), Computer Express Link (CXL) or Open BMC.
- Deep dive into new open-ended areas requiring experienced engineering.
- Contribute to the improvement of our architecture methods and processes.
- Train, mentor, and coach new engineers.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Capability to research and explore unfamiliar technologies and concepts with an eye towards feasibility.
- Familiarity with the Intel, AMD, Nvidia or ARM CPU/GPU architectures. Specifically, an understanding of how to optimize performance, IO, thermals, real-estate and/or power. Direct experience with at least some of the above is preferred.
- Familiarity with PCB board materials and construction techniques. Specifically, an understanding of trade-offs and optimizations around insertion loss, via construction, stack-ups and sizing of power planes and shapes.
- High-level understanding of voltage regulators related to types of VR architectures, trade-offs, efficiency, thermals, and critical VR components.
- Ability to use industry standard ECAD tools to review layouts and schematics is required.
- Ability to manipulate existing ECAD layouts and schematic databases for purposes of architectural planning and assessment preferred.
- Experience coding, sizing, and planning FPGAs preferred but not required.
- Fluency in the mechanical, firmware and software domain. Specifically, an understanding of basics nomenclature, concepts and tools used by your architectural teammates.
- Fluency in the thermal domain. Specifically, an understand of component cooling techniques, when components require cooling and what information your thermal engineering teammate needs during concept assessment.
NON-TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Influence others and share best practices.
- Effectively communicate with good understanding of English.
- Work as part of a global team.
- Assess a project and articulate risk while developing project milestones.
- Develop projects in a stage-gate process (PLCQ).
- Mentor less experienced engineers.
- Lead EE projects with multiple engineers assigned.
- Lead cross-functional and EE design reviews.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's Degree required (BSEE).
- 7+ years experience in embedded hardware design or electrical engineering.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.