- Operations Team Leader is responsible for maintaining production schedules and directing the activities of team members in line with operational, quality and health & safety work instructions, procedures and policies to ensure the production of quality product in a timely, safe, efficient and compliant manner.
Key Responsibilities and End Results: (Essential responsibilities include but are not limited to the following):
- Lead & co-ordinates the day-to-day activities of the operations shift team (including key support department team members) to meet production targets for customer delivery, product quality & cost ensuring a safe work environment at all times.
- Leads the use of lean tools to drive continuous improvement & process reliability.
- Creates a high performing flexible team which achieves excellent results.
- Leads shift daily operations meetings reviewing production data , machines running status, escalations & corrective action to ensure shift targets are achieved.
- Ensures that there is regular communication with team through visual management systems & co-ordinate all operator training in order to perform assigned tasks across production cells.
- Responsible for ensuring that his / her team are trained in their roles & also to support the development of standard work, documentation, training & work instruction activities where appropriate.
- Creates a high performing flexible team which achieves excellent results through coaching/ mentoring & effective performance management.
- Plans all people, material & machine resources to support weekly production schedules.
- Ensure all injection moulding, tool & assembly changeover activities are completed as scheduled along with appropriate line clearance procedures to meet cGMP (current good manufacturing practice) compliance.
- Ensures that batches are manufactured within the validated set up at all times & the quality team are provided with samples for outgoing testing throughout the batch.
- Lead area 5 S programme to ensure that housekeeping, cGMP & Safety issues are resolved in a timely & systematic manner thus meeting all company safety, environmental and quality initiatives.
- Ensures equipment & area cleaning, preventative maintenance, calibration schedules inventory control & barcoding systems are adhered to as per cGMP requirements.
- Implementation of company policies , adherence to all Corporate EHS and cGMP policies.
- Ensure ongoing compliance with GMP in all practices, recording of events and processes.
- Ensure compliance with all learnings from all GMP training events.
- Other responsibilities may be assigned from time to time as needed, based on the evolution of the company and the requirements of the department/position.
Job Specifications : The minimum education and experience required to perform this job competently.
- Level 7 or 8 HETAC Science / Engineering qualification in relevant discipline desirable.
- Level 7 management/relevant supervisory management qualification desirable.
- 3-5 years Injection Moulding /Automated assembly experience essential.
- 5 plus years supervisory/leadership experience essential.
- Qualifications & experience in Lean (Green belt level) desirable.
- Experience in medical device injection moulding & assembly operations desirable.
- Excellent lean operations leadership, organisational and communication skills.
- Performance and results driven.
- Ability to motivate self and others.
- Excellent initiative and decision-making capability.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- High level of cGMP, safe working practices and awareness.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, MS Project & ERP systems.
Organization Linkages: List the titles of individuals and organizations with which this position has the most frequent and significant contact. Briefly describe the nature of those contacts.
- Reports to Manufacturing Manager.
- Operations Team and Managers.
- Quality Team.
- Supply Chain.
- EH&S Team.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.