Jabil EMS (Electronic Manufacturing Systems) Ireland, Blanchardstown Dublin 15, are looking to hire an IT Support Technician to join our IT Department. The role involves:
- Provides technical support to end-users for PC, server, hardware, or software applications.
- Manage SCCM, security patching and antivirus.
- Deliver and deploy IT solutions and projects.
Key Responsibilities and End Results:
- Interact with supplier/service provider ensure tasks are completed.
- Monitor asset inventory.
- Verify back up, daily check list, account maintenance.
- Administer tape rotation - back up tapes.
- Serve as the point of technical escalation.
- Perform periodic license audits.
- Create and configure ghost images for site hardware.
- Create and Image MES and SAP RF Scanners.
- Maintain and troubleshoot site PBX.
- Provide on call support.
- Identify and purchase hardware using the CER Process.
- Administer network hardware (enabling and disabling ports).
- Administer file services, Print Services and Terminal Servers.
- Document new processes.
- Provide support to wireless devices. (i.e. - Blackberry).
- Follow all procedures around the ISS security policy.
- Provide end user training & technical assistance.
- Assist Administrators in rotational duties for the following (but not limited to) administration competencies:
o Network Administration (equipment maintenance, backups, daily checklists).
o Systems Administration (account maintenance, backups/restores, server maintenance).
o Business Systems Administration (documentation, process flows, CMRs, troubleshooting).
o Database Administration (daily checklists, backups, troubleshooting).
- Load and verify correct operation of software packages.
- Troubleshoot and resolves end user problems and ensures correct operation of personal computers.
- Simulate or recreate user problems to resolve operating difficulties.
- Maintain inventory of computer parts and lo of all repairs/service performed.
- Provide training and technical assistance to users.
- Participate in the exchange of ideas and information within the department.
- Ask questions; encourage input from team members.
- Provide regular updates to appropriate managers.
- Identify creative ways to reduce cost by streamlining processes and systems (i.e. modification of responsibilities or consolidation of tasks, elimination of non-value added processes, or complete re-engineering of processes and systems).
- Drive continuous improvement through trend reporting analysis and metrics management.
- Assure that procedures and work instructions are efficient and not redundant.
- Offer new ideas and suggestions for improvement. Identify and implement new practices and processes.
- Demonstrate a commitment to customer service; anticipate, meet and exceed expectations by solving problems quickly and effectively; making customer issues a priority.
- Confer with reporting manager on complex or unusual situations.
- Establish new measurement systems if/where possible.
- Exchange knowledge and information with other Jabil facilities to ensure best practices are shared throughout the Jabil organization.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Ensure 100% adherence to all company policies and procedures (i.e. Health, Safety and Quality)
- Maintain discretion and confidentiality in all areas pertaining to data and proprietary information, whether internal to Jabil or customer specific.
- Computer literate with intermediate / Advanced MS Office skills.
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic individual with strong communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work with cross functional teams.
- Strong planning & organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficiency in the English language is a requirement alongside eligibility to work in Ireland.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines.
- A “can do” work ethic with excellent problem-solving skills.
- BS/BA degree (Level 8) in Computer Science/ Information technology / Computer networking / Electronics / Mechatronics
- 1-2 years’ experience working as an IT support technician, or a similar role is required.
- Experience troubleshooting systems. Troubleshoot hardware and software issues.
- Install and configure hardware and software components
- Repair or replace damaged hardware.
- Experience managing network physical networks, cabling, switches, routers access points etc.
- Experience in electronic manufacturing environment is highly desirable.
- Experience in leading process improvements / lean manufacturing activities in a manufacturing environment is advantageous.
- Experience working as part of IT project teams.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.