Under limited supervision, responsible for setting up and maintaining laboratory equipment and instruments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Performs clerical work related to laboratory activities such as word processing, record keeping, filing, and communicating to operations and engineering.
· Maintains material safety data sheets for all department chemicals and products.
· Monitors chemical processes in the production facility.
· Cleans and monitors equipment.
· Prepares reports, charts, and graphs.
· Works under the supervision of process engineers.
· Observes and conducts chemical and physical experiments, tests, and analyses.
· Performs related duties as assigned.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Working knowledge of basic principles of organic and inorganic chemistry preferred.
· Scientific laboratory procedures and techniques used in a chemistry laboratory preferred
· Scientific laboratory equipment and apparatus. Prefer experience with ICP, IC, and HPLC.
· Scientific methods of measurement preferred.
· Health and safety practices and precautions applicable to a chemistry laboratory.
· Proper and safe handling and disposal of harmful chemicals, substances, and hazardous wastes.
· Capabilities of computer systems, software, and hardware common to chemical laboratories.
· Recordkeeping procedures.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.