Provide leadership for the development, implementation, communication and maintenance of the quality system. Identify best practices, define, design, implement and train top level document structure. Ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements in an effective, timely, and responsible manner. Provide a strong detailed quality focus as well as managing all work affecting quality.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned
LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
Recruitment and Retention:
· Recruit, interview, and hire team members for Quality & Product Validation Department.
· Communicate criteria to recruiters for Quality & Product Validation Engineering position candidates.
· Monitor team member turnover; identify key factors that can be improved; make improvements.
Employee and Team Development:
· Identify individual and team strengths and development needs on an ongoing basis.
· Create and/or validate training curriculum in area of responsibility.
· Coach and mentor Design Engineering staff to ensure compliance with internal processes and procedures.
· Lead and support change management
· Establish clear measurable goals and objectives by which to determine individual and team results (i.e. operational metrics, results against project timelines, training documentation, attendance records, knowledge of operational roles and responsibilities, personal development goals).
· Solicit ongoing feedback from Corporate Quality and Director of Design Services, procedure champions at each Design site, peers, and team members.
· Provide central quality focus for site as well as support for all sector quality teams.
· Drive individuals and the team to continuously improve in key operational metrics and the achievement of the organizational goals.
· Provide communication forum for the exchange of ideas and information within all Design sites and sectors.
· Organize verbal and written ideas clearly and use an appropriate business style.
· Ask questions; encourage input from team members.
· Assess communication style of individual team members and adapt own communication style accordingly.
FUNCTIONAL MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
Business Strategy and Direction:
· Know and understand the Design Services worldwide strategic directions.
· Define, develop and implement Quality Engineering strategies in partnership with all relevant functional groups..
· Provide regular updates to Director of Design Services on the execution of the strategy.
· Serve as Deputy Management Representative
· Identify creative ways to reduce cost by streamlining processes and systems (i.e. modification of responsibilities or consolidation of tasks, elimination of non-value-added processes, or complete re-engineering of processes and systems).
· Utilize tools to monitor departmental cost and cost trends, striving continuously to improve value.
TECHNICAL MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
· SME for RCCA investigations and facilitations
· Continually monitor existing Design Services procedures for all worldwide sites according to the industry standards, provide improvement advice when opportunities are available.
· Leverage Best Practices from all Design sites, and generate procedures and systems that can be used globally.
· Support all global training programs specific to each site, by development and implementation of specialized training sessions for all applicable functions.
· Conduct periodic review and maintenance of all documentation files; develop appropriate systems for worldwide document storage and access.
· Coordinate and track the corrective/preventative action effort.
· Ensure systems get maintained among all Design sites.
· Facilitate third party audits of JDS and assure all corrective actions get completed by each site in a timely manner.
· Participate in the vendor survey activities as applicable for the Design facilities; Drive proactive participation with suppliers and (when possible) aid in their process improvement efforts.
· Interface with all departments as applied to the Policies and Procedures.
· Provide insight and assistance of implementing and maintaining Process Improvement and Optimization concentrating on proactive methodologies.
· Facilitate site adherence to all safety and health rules and regulations.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Strong knowledge of global and regional logistics operations and industry.
· Strong proficiency in determining logistics requirements to enable company’s business goals and objectives with ability to devise and implement strategy to achieve targets.
· Strong financial and analytical ability. Proficiency in managing business analytics to determine optimum company footprint.
· Strong knowledge of international direct and indirect taxes as well as global customs regimes.
· Proven track record of successful change management accomplishments, implementing and management continuous productivity and cost reduction programs.
· Strong and convincing communication skills.
· Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required.
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
Reports to Management. Direct supervisor job title(s) typically include:
Job is directly responsible for managing other employees (e.g., hiring/termination and/or pay decisions, performance management). Job title example(s) of employees directly supervised: Quality Engineers, Document Control Clerk, Auditor
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelors degree + 8 years of related experience, or Masters + 6 years of related experience, or PhD + 3 years of related experience
· Previous experience in QMS management
· Previous experience in leading internal/external audits
· Lead auditor certification
· ASQ Certifications (CQE, CQM/OE, CQA, CSSBB)
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.