At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Act as the central point of contact for all internal audit functions. The position will be the primary contact in issues pertaining internal audit plans, schedules, and corrective actions of the Management System operating at Jabil South. This position will also assist and support the Quality Systems Manager at Jabil South in the research, formulation, and documentation of quality, environment and business systems improvements as well as evaluating effectiveness of improvement efforts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
Employee and Team Development:
- Identify individual and team strengths and development needs on an ongoing basis.
- Create and/or validate training curriculum in area of responsibility.
- Coach and mentor Internal Audit staff to deliver excellence to every internal and external customer.
- Establish clear measurable goals and objectives by which to determine individual and team results (i.e. operational metrics, results against project timelines, training documentation, knowledge of operational roles and responsibilities).
- Develop and manage audit plans, schedules, checklists, and training needed to perform the internal audit function.
- Perform follow up activity of the internal audit – collect and collate corrective action responses, escalate as necessary when plan / schedule is not being met.
- Solicit ongoing feedback from Quality Systems Manager, Workcell Manager (WCM), Business Unit Manager (BUM), peers and team member on team member’s contribution to the Audit team. Provide ongoing coaching and counseling to team member based on feedback.
- Express pride in staff and encourage them to feel good about their accomplishments.
- Drive individuals and the team to continuously improve in key operational metrics and the achievement of the organizational goals.
- Coordinate activities of large teams and keep them focused in times of crises.
- Ensure recognition and rewards are managed fairly and consistently in area of responsibility.
- Provide communication forum for the exchange of ideas and information with the department.
- Organize verbal and written ideas clearly and use an appropriate business style.
- Ask questions, which stimulates open responses; encourage input from team members.
- Assess communication style of individual team members and adapt own communication style accordingly.
- Able to switch communication style to an internal consultant when presenting audit findings to stakeholders.
- Communications at audit meetings should enhance the continual improvement efforts.
FUNCTIONAL MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
Business Strategy and Direction:
- Know and understand the campus strategic directions.
- Define, develop and implement Systems Audit strategies, which contribute to the campus strategic directions.
- Provide regular updates to Quality Systems Manager on the execution of the strategy.
- Align audit activities such that they serve to check and validate business strategies implemented.
- Identify creative ways to reduce cost by streamlining processes and systems (i.e. modification of responsibilities or consolidation of tasks, elimination of non-value-added processes, or complete re-engineering of processes and systems).
- Utilize tools to monitor departmental cost and cost trends, striving continuously to improve value.
TECHNICAL MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
- Subject matter expert in regards to interpreting the ISO9000-2000, TL9000, and ISO140000 standards. To become familiar with other standards that may affect the Jabil operating system.
- Ensuring functional management and business management is aware of and understands the principles and expectations associated with the above-mentioned standards through training efforts and the audit practice.
- Assist the Quality Systems Manager in acting as a consultant to Jabil management in the standardization and simplification of the operating system. This will include not only auditing / directing the audit of the system, but offering interpretation of standards and suggesting means / methods of improving elements / practices within the system.
- Assist in process mapping and value add analysis for all processes.
- Responsible for auditing and directing the internal audit function.
- Act as a facilitator / guide during customer / third party audits.
- Assist in selecting the internal audit team.
- Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
- Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred and six years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in regulatory affairs, preferable.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact the Federal Bureau of Investigations internet crime hotline (www.ic3.gov), the Federal Trade Commission identity theft hotline (www.identitytheft.gov) and/or your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.