At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Working under limited supervision, performs complex maintenance and repairs on electrical, mechanical, pneumatic and/or
hydraulic plant equipment and machinery. Assists supervisor in coordinating the activities of employees engaged in installation,
maintenance and repairs on electrical, mechanical, pneumatic and/or hydraulic plant equipment and machinery. Coordinates and
assigns daily work to employees based on production schedules and maintains the flow of work
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Performs routine preventive maintenance and emergency mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and electrical maintenance on
production systems and equipment, using knowledge of circuitry, electronics, electrical-mechanical devices, motors, wiring
diagrams, schematics, and blueprints.
· Trouble shoots, repairs, aligns, calibrates, inspects, and tests a variety of production systems and equipment.
· Sets up assembly line equipment within established parameters.
· Assists in installing new equipment and in moving equipment to new locations.
· Disassembles machines and parts, and adjusts, repairs or replaces defective parts and materials
Uses a variety of basic hand and power tools and equipment including hand drill, bench grinder and band saw.
· Instructs assemblers on proper use of equipment.
· Maintains appropriate maintenance and repair logs.
· Cleans and lubricates parts and equipment as scheduled.
· Requisitions parts needed for completion of preventive maintenance responsibilities.
· Removes and installs molds in machines following established procedures.
· Learns all aspects of machine maintenance and becomes cross-trained in all areas of assembly equipment.
· Leads, assigns and coordinates the daily work activities of lower level maintenance technician
· Prioritizes and organizes work assignments and delegates those assignments.
· Maintains workflow, ensuring availability of proper materials.
· Maintains employee time and activity records
· Observes employees in assigned work area ensuring all housekeeping, health and safety regulations are followed.
· Trains new and less experienced technicians in proper procedures. Writes and verifies
· Support all company safety and quality programs and initiatives.
· Other responsibilities may be assigned from time to time as needed, based on the evolution of the company and the requirements
of the department/position.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.