This role supports secondary chemical operations (anodize, electropolish, passivation, etc.) as well as activities in support of strategic finishing initiatives on a Jabil engineering cluster level.
· Provides technical leadership in identifying and implementing innovative state-of-the-art chemical finishing technologies.
· Institutes continuous improvements to existing finishing operations through process automation.
· Works independently or as part of a team to develop manufacturing concepts for secondary operations as well as implement and maintain these processes and equipment used.
· Organizes, coordinates and plans for fabrication, integration and other aspects of projects.
GENERAL ENGINEERING DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Provides process engineering and controls support. Plans, conducts, and supports activities related to the development of new processes including researching current and emerging technologies, evaluating process cost, quality, and capability alternatives.
· Performs work which involves complex conventional types of plans, investigations, surveys, structures, or equipment with highly complex features for which there may be no precedents.
· Performs assignments that have complex objectives and require the investigation of multiple variables.
· Performs complex assignments designed to continue the development of professional work knowledge and abilities requiring advanced application of standard engineering techniques, procedures and criteria in carrying out engineering tasks.
· Performs complex research of new and emerging technology for potential local and corporate application.
· Provides complex technical support for project planning, development, implementation, and modification; contributes extensively to engineering standards development balancing corporate and customer needs.
· Analyzes new processes and equipment with the intent of achieving continuous improvement of present methods using process cost evaluation, quality and capability alternatives analyses, and process characterization.
· Is able to train, coach, and mentor fellow employees in areas pertaining to the job responsibilities.
· Lead projects and perform project management and documentation activities.
· Lead and/or participate in cross-functional and virtual project teams.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Works independently in a manufacturing environment in compliance with the Quality System Regulation (QSR), Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), and applicable Work Instructions.
· Identify and institute state of the art chemical finishing technologies.
· Develop user requirement specifications for new equipment and processes for new capital projects.
· Develop manufacturing concepts for secondary operations as well as implement and maintain the processes and the equipment used.
· Develops user requirement specifications for new equipment and processes for new capital projects and supports new equipment acquisition efforts including machine selection, installation, validation, employee training, and other related equipment responsibilities as required.
· Coordinate fabrication and purchasing activities pertaining to relevant project with outside suppliers.
· Provide leadership, organization, coordination and perform planning for finishing projects throughout the plant.
· Provides day to day support to various types of operations as e.g. but not limited to anodize, electropolish, passivation and other chemical based operations etc. as required in support of the assigned area.
· Performs process tests along with associated inspection, process control, documentation and data collection activities.
· May provide technical engineering support of laser etch, ultrasonic clean, and vibratory as needed.
· May participate on a team in order to implement the manufacturing process of new products and transfer products according to schedule.
· Completes documentation as required by the process and applicable work instructions, follows sampling procedures, and completes forms and instructions for recording, evaluating, and reporting quality and reliability data required to perform process validations or other engineering related studies.
· Identifies and institutes state of the art new and innovative finishing technologies as well as process improvements for existing manufacturing processes utilizing appropriate engineering principles and standard strategies as e.g. Lean and 5S principles.
· Develops and manages project schedules, tracks costs, prepares status reports, conducts meetings, documents progress, and communicates progress to management.
· Is able to use various types of measuring instruments including numerous types of gages, micrometers, calipers, comparators, etc. for testing and data collection purposes.
· Develops fixturing and racking concepts and has the ability to express and implement ideas with tool designers.
· Assists Quality Engineers in gage design, gage R&R, and implementation as required.
· Supports the development of SOP's, other control processes, and practices as it pertains to a certain defined cell or area.
· Interfaces regularly with other Manufacturing Engineers, Manufacturing and Engineering Supervisors, QA Inspectors, and Product Development Engineers.
· May act as technical reference or perform special projects in individual areas of expertise.
· Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
· BS Degree in Chemical Engineering. Equivalent Technical/Engineering degree with demonstrated experience and performance may be considered.
· Success in project management and leadership of cross-functional teams.
· Strong written, verbal communication, and computer skills.
· Project management and strong organizational skills are required.
· Strong written, verbal communication, and computer skills required.
· Previous experience working in a regulated industry is required, Medical device and/or pharmaceutical environment is preferred.
· Experience with anodizing, electropolish and passivation preferred.
· Specific experience in stainless steel and titanium preferred.
· Experience with knowledge of how to manipulate computer controlled manufacturing processes preferred.
· CAPA related experience, risk assessment, and process validation are preferred.
· Knowledge of machine safety requirements a plus. Some leadership ability or experience a plus.
· Works and communicates with others in a team environment.
· Participates in and understands all compliance related activities pertaining to the job assignment.
· Follows all laws and policies as they apply to one's job and maintains the highest levels of professionalism, ethics and compliance at all times.
· Follows appropriate safety practices in order to prevent accidents to self or others.
· Works in conditions that may be hot, cold, wet and/or noisy along with exposure to fumes, oil, coolants and other manufacturing related chemicals.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.