To assist the Supplier Quality Engineer, SCDM or SQM as the technical POC in issues affecting release of material for Manufacturing
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Provide support to Supplier Quality Inspectors (SQI) with Inspection, measuring, and testing custom mechanical, electrical and electromechanical components, and sub-assemblies.
- Ensure that all non-conforming materials held in Receiving Inspection are dispositioned in a timely manner. Provide feedback of issues encountered to SQM or SCDM.
- Ensures documentation to perform Inspection of components per Inspection Plans are available in SAP.
- To be the focal person for Supplier quality and functional product related issues that arise from components procured for manufacturing.
- Review and approve Supplier FAIR packages in a timely manner and communicate exceptions to the Buyer and/or Customer.
- May provide support for NPI activities by participation in the AQP (Advanced Qualification Program) process as required to support product validation.
- Assure that non-conforming materials to be returned to vendor (RTV) or returned to customer (RTC) due to poor quality have RIR issued and documented details for return.
- Initiates or assists with execution and completion of SCAR – Supplier Corrective/Preventive Action Request process for problem resolution and continuous improvement, including critical analysis of supplier DOE (Design of Experiment), CPK (Process Capability Index), Gauge R&R (Repeatability and Reproducibility) studies if applicable.
- Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position.
- Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
A degree in engineering preferred or min 5 years of experience.
Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common, scientific and technical documentation. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to vendors, customers, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Individual may be required to sit, stand, walk regularly, and occasionally lift up to 25 Lbs. (with Team Support). Be accessible to production floor and office staff and to use required office equipment as needed. Specific vision requirements include reading of written documents and use of computer monitor screen frequently.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Individual’s primary workstation is located in a climate-controlled Warehouse environment with occasional office location at the production campus. The noise level in the work environment is customary to a WH environment.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.