Working under limited supervision, performs a variety of semi-routine assignments by following established procedures. Is able to recognize the occasional need to deviate from accepted practice to resolve problem.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Follows established procedures on routine assignments; receives instructions on new assignments; completing assignments the following areas:
· Train and coordinates activities of machine operators or MA’s in the maintenance of production equipment.
· Troubleshoot to determine problems in non-functioning electro-mechanical equipment used in the manufacturing process.
· Dismantle, adjusts, repairs and assembles equipment according to layout plans, blueprints, operating or repair manual, rough sketches or drawings.
· Uses test and diagnostic equipment to perform checkouts.
· Rebuilds manufacturing equipment as required.
· Perform scheduled preventive maintenance. Document maintenance as per program designation.
· Move or assist in the movement and installation of equipment.
· Calibrate equipment using general and special purpose test equipment.
· May be required to source equipment parts.
· May be required to work overtime or be on-call.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Knowledge of company policies and procedures to complete assigned tasks.
· Must be able to read, write and communicate in English. Must be able to effectively communicate with technical support services.
· Use of basic and special purpose hand tools, leveling instruments, and test/calibration equipment.
· Must be able to troubleshoot all failures that are detectable at the IO level.
· Basic mathematics.
· May require forklift certification.
· Understanding of electronic color codes and other component value markings.
· Understanding of safety practices requirements.
· Solid knowledge of specialized maintenance tracking programs.
· Personal computer operation in a Windows environment (Excel, Word and PowerPoint and e-mail).
· Use of specialized maintenance tracking programs.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Associates degree in electronics with emphasis in servo positioning theory or equivalent discipline.
· Two (2) to five (5) years prior work experience in electro-mechanical equipment in a manufacturing environment required.
· Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.