Manufacturing Engineer Co-op
At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented, and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
Our Monument facility is one of the largest orthopedic manufacturing sites in the world producing surgical nails and screws for internal fixation of broken bones. These fixation and stabilization implants are used in surgical procedures to facilitate the healing of damaged or diseased bone in patients, delivering life-changing medical innovation.
Under direct supervision and with appropriate training, will work in production environment. Will participate in and lead project(s).
*** Pay rates start at $18.00.***
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Will orient to our organization, participate in projects and activities in different areas of the plant
- Will be provided a structured mentor/mentee relationship in an engaging and safe environment.
- Participates in and understands compliance related activities pertaining to the job assignment including compliance with the Quality System Regulation (QSR), Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), and applicable Work Instructions.
- Follows all laws and policies as they apply to one's job and maintains the highest levels of professionalism, ethics, and compliance at all times.
- Supports the continuous improvements of manufacturing systems to facilitate business and quality objectives and compliance review and resolution processes.
- Identifies and assists in process improvements for existing manufacturing processes utilizing appropriate engineering principles and standard strategies such as, Lean and Six Sigma principles.
- Performs assignments designed to continue the development of professional work knowledge and abilities requiring application of standard engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria in carrying out a sequence of related engineering tasks, project management, statistical analysis and presentation of data and technical writing.
- Will gain basic technical skills, verbal and written communication skills and ability to function on as well as lead a team.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Enrolled in an accredited college/university pursuing a Bachelor’s in Engineering Degree, or at a minimum have a high interest in pursuing an Engineering Degree.
- Preferred majors include Mechanical Engineering or Manufacturing Engineering.
- Candidates are required be legally authorized to work in the United States and not require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g. H1-B status) now or in the future.
- Demonstrated leadership and/or participation in campus/community service activities are preferred.
- Candidates must be detail-oriented, highly organized, and able to manage multiple tasks.
- Candidates must have the ability to work individually (independently) as well as on a team.
- Candidates need to be proficient with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and Power Point, and have strong oral and written communication skills. Proficiency with CAD software is preferred.
- A minimum G.P.A. of 3.0 is strongly preferred.
- Follows all laws and policies as they apply to one's job and maintains the highest levels of professionalism, ethics and compliance at all times.
- Supports and operates in a proactive safety-focused environment.
- Works in conditions that may be hot, cold, wet and/or noisy along with exposure to fumes, oil, coolants and other manufacturing related chemicals.
The anticipated hourly pay range for this role is $0.00 - $240.38 - $480.77. Job-related, non-discriminatory factors used to determine the actual offered rate include qualifications and experience, education (if requirement noted above), geographic location, external market data, and consideration of internal equity.
As part of the total rewards package, this position is eligible for a short-term incentive based on performance. In addition, Jabil offers benefits to enhance your health, wealth and resilient self. These include medical, dental, and vision insurance plans; 401(k) retirement plan and employee stock purpose plan; and paid time off.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.