Develops and implements production/processing methods and controls to meet quality standards in the most efficient manner for new and existing CNC and additional finishing processes. Monitors CNC machining and post processing of parts; troubleshooting problem processes and assisting in resolving quality issues. Is the technical expert on various projects/productions jobs and processes as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· May lead the startup of new/existing projects/production jobs, optimizing cost, efficiency and quality.
· May lead the process control and maintain appropriate documentation.
· Monitor the CNC matching and post processing running in production; troubleshoot problems associated with processes, and assist in resolving quality issues.
· Establish detailed processes for new product lines; document product development and changes; evaluate new product performance; and monitor new tool design.
· Debug significant complex problems in new systems, tooling and automation.
· Design major experiments to enhance processes as well as improve yields and utilization through reduced cycle and efficient set-up.
· Lead and implement major maintenance changes in process improvements; propose or specify repair alteration of automation while ensuring adequate documentation is maintained.
· Provide functional and technical mentoring to process technicians and other process engineers.
· Maintain a clean and safe work environment; supporting all company safety programs and initiatives.
· Support all company safety and quality programs and initiatives.
· Apply and support Lean Manufacturing principles.
. Generate and execute process validations and verification protocols
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Bachelor of Science in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering preferred
· Three (3) to five (5) years of experience or an equivalent combination of education, training, or experience
· Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required
. Understanding of GD&T principles and print interpretation
. Basic G-code knowledge
. Experience with FANUC and Mazak controls a plus
. Knowledge of cutting tools selection and troubleshooting, and calculations (RPM, CPT, SMM)
. Able to create documents that could included PPP (price per piece) calculations, CNC time studies, predicted cycle time improvement, WI’s (work instructions)
. Hands on knowledge of trouble shooting fixtures and work holding
. Ability to support production as a day-to-day resource for resolving CNC production issues
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.