This Jabil calibration technician position will work in a medical device manufacturing environment in support of all calibration activities relating to the development, inspection, testing, and production of product.
This position will perform tasks such as, but not limited to, performing calibrations, qualifications, maintenance, modifications, and testing on a wide variety of IM&TE (Inspection, Measurement, and Test Equipment) and process control/manufacturing equipment to established specifications. The technician will maintain IM&TE scheduling and tracking database, generate calibration reports, coordinate and schedule calibration activities with production, support departments, vendors, and other Jabil facilities to minimize production disruptions and avoid calibration overdue conditions. Also, this person will build, service, modify, and calibrate custom IM&TE from approved drawings using geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T) principals. The technician will work with quality and engineering in the development and design of new IM&TE or to improve existing.
POSITION DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs calibration, maintenance, modification, and testing on diverse types of IM&TE and process control/manufacturing measuring equipment.
- Completes gage requests for standard, custom, special gages. Requisition gages and/or components as needed. Maintains inventories of replacements. Works with quality and engineering to resolve any gage or drawing discrepancy.
- Maintains records of all IM&TE and process control/manufacturing equipment used throughout facility in compliance with FDA/ISO regulations and established procedures. Generates status reports from calibration scheduling database and works to minimize late calibrations, notifies affected areas as needed.
- Works and coordinates with subcontracted calibration services for both IM&TE shipped off-site, and calibrations performed on-site to insure smooth completion of tasks and that calibration requirements are met. Evaluate, review, and approve calibration documentation to insure Jabil standards are achieved.
- Interacts with all Jabil calibration customers internal and external to facility in order to resolve and complete various calibration tasks.
- Serve as a technical resource on calibration issues, troubleshooting, and training needs both on and off site. Work as required on preventative and corrective actions relating to calibration.
- Reviews and evaluates new and existing IM&TE and process control/manufacturing measuring equipment for appropriateness of function, correctness of calibration accuracies and calibration cycle. Issues out of tolerance notification on failed calibration.
- Closely works with engineering for the design, modification, and creation of IM&TE to support operations.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of calibration procedures as needed.
- Provide guidance and training to other technicians as needed in Metrology principles and practices.
- Maintains an organized and clean work environment and assists with improvements and enhancements to the calibration department as needed.
- Performs other related duties and special tasks as required.
- Know and follow all laws and policies that apply to one's job, and maintain the highest levels of professionalism, ethics and compliance at all times.
- Diligently participate in our compliance program-related activities as denoted by your supervisor or our Chief Compliance Officer.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- 1 year experience in calibration or a related field.
- Education and training normally associated with a High School Diploma or greater
- General understanding of the principles of a calibration program, its purpose and methods
- Familiarity of diverse types of physical / dimensional measurement instrumentation
- Basic knowledge of applied mathematics, applying techniques and formulas to solve measurement problems
- Ability to read geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T) drawings
- Familiarity with industry related FDA, QSR, cGMP, ISO Regulations
- Must be organized and detail oriented
- Strong documentation and records management skills to regulatory requirements and established procedures
- Demonstrates good teamwork, interpersonal and communication skills
- Good decision-making abilities and understanding of potential impacts
- Good computer skills in word processing, spreadsheets, custom programs, calibration databases
The anticipated hourly pay range for this role is $16.28 - $23.59 - $30.90. Job-related, non-discriminatory factors used to determine the actual offered rate include qualifications and experience, education (if requirement noted above), geographic location, external market data, and consideration of internal equity.
As part of the total rewards package, this position is eligible for a short-term incentive based on performance. In addition, Jabil offers benefits to enhance your health, wealth and resilient self. These include medical, dental, and vision insurance plans; 401(k) retirement plan and employee stock purpose plan; and paid time off.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.