Responsible for all servers, server-side software, and infrastructure equipment. This includes, but not limited to, infrastructure planning, system monitoring, contingency planning, business continuity, security, performance tuning, software? distribution, connectivity and? production support. Serve as a technical Resource for small and large scale projects, working under limited direction with extensive latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
SPECIFIC SKILLS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Design, operation, and maintenance of RF infrastructure
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Participate in a 24/7 on-call support rotation
· Define pre-defined hardware configurations
· Serve as an interface to the application development teams for troubleshooting potential hardware problems.
· Prepare to deploy fixes to servers and workstations in response to a newly identified stability or security threat of hardware and software.
· Diagnose advanced problem issues to reduce Mean Time to Isolation (MTTI) and Mean Time to Resolution (MTTR).
· Ensure Business Continuity by effectively managing systems and process Recovery Time Objective (RTO) and Recovery Point Objective (RPO).
· Work with business continuity specialists in the creation of business impact analysis.
· Design systems based on established RPO and RTO criteria.
· Define, identify and achieve regular metric goals.
· Create and document all actions, practices, procedures and processes
· Drive licensing and compliancy requirements definition.
· Confer with management, aid in defining the bounds and aims of system implementations, and provide management with status and progress reports.
· Achieve identified metric goals.
· Ensure technology implementations meet RPO, RTO, and SLA objectives
· Assisting in the creation of strategic and long term planning based on identified business requirements
· Design, operation, and maintenance of the infrastructure.
· Create database models and designs using appropriate software tools.
· Create and document maintenance plans.
· Create, document and implement disaster recovery and (business continuity) testing.
· Design and document replication schemas.
· Design security architectures for DB
· Produce system designs.
· Analyze existing system procedures for efficiency and effectiveness.
· Mentor team members and provide training. Provide technological guidance to management staff
· Work under limited direction with extensive latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment
· Know and understand clustering services, high availability solutions and continuous data protection technologies
· Understand at least one database management system to include bundled tools and processes for administering it.
· Define Active Directory design, group policies, and domain maintenance.
· Participate in the exchange of ideas and information within the department.
· Organize verbal and written ideas clearly and use an appropriate business style.
· Ask questions; encourage input from team members.
· Provide regular updates to appropriate managers.
· Identify creative ways to reduce cost by streamlining processes and systems (i.e. modification of responsibilities or consolidation of tasks, elimination of non-value added processes, or complete re-engineering of processes and systems).
· Drive continuous improvement through trend reporting analysis and metrics management.
· Assure that procedures and work instructions are efficient and not redundant.
· Offer new ideas and suggestions for improvement. Identify and implement new practices and processes that are ?best in field?.
· Demonstrate a commitment to customer service; anticipate, meet and exceed expectations by solving problems quickly and effectively; making customer issues a priority.
· Confer with reporting manager on complex or unusual situations.
· Establish new measurement systems if/where possible.
· Exchange knowledge and information with other Jabil facilities to ensure best practices are shared throughout the Jabil organization.
· Ensure 100% adherence to all company policies and procedures (i.e. Health, Safety and Quality)
· Maintain discretion and confidentiality in all areas pertaining to data and proprietary information, whether internal to Jabil or customer specific.
· Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
· Maintain discretion and confidentiality in all areas pertaining to the IT systems.
· Understand and embrace the business and IT strategic direction.
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
Bachelor?s degree required and one or more advanced technical certifications (such as MCSE, CISSP)
Minimum of 8 years of IT experience. Experience in advanced performance-tuning skills, such as calculating iops.
Customer service skills as well as effective communication skills ? both verbal and written. Ability to follow written and verbal directions. Software engineering utilizing common programming or scripting languages skills a plus. Participating in a 24/7 on-call support rotation. Defining security and systems hardening criteria. Must be able to leverage a thorough understanding of the interactions between systems to not only troubleshoot problem, but also identify performance-tuning opportunities. Experience with thin-client technologies, Terminal Services, Citrix Metaframe. Hands-on Experience with backup software such as BrightStor or ARCserve. Experience with antivirus programs, spam filters and web monitoring. Advanced Knowledge of and experience with different server operating platforms. Experience with Storage Area Networks and related concepts.
Individual will be required to use computer keyboards or other equipment for extended periods of time. Individual may be required to sit or stand for extended periods of time. Specific vision abilities required for this job include close vision for reading and studying technical materials and use of computer monitor screens a great deal of the time. Specific physical abilities required by the job may include walking, reaching carrying and lifting up to 25 lbs, with some occasional lifting up to 50lbs.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Individual?s primary workstation is located in the office area, with some time spent on the manufacturing floor. The noise level in the work environment ranges from low to moderate.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.