The Program Manager will lead Vancouver site product development and manufacturing project management activities for next generation consumer electronics products. You will lead project management planning and execution of projects including creating communication systems, team training and digital and physical security related to confidential information and assets.
Leads customer engagement and Jabil teams coordinating work across engineering, supply chain, operations, and other functions both at the Vancouver location as well as interfacing with global leadership and support teams. Provides accountability for project management plan, communications, issue, risk, and schedule management, budgets, and overall team performance to meet assigned program objectives. Supports program office projects to improve overall team and portfolio performance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Accountable for success of assigned projects
- Organize activities to develop detailed program scope, schedule, cost, and quality delivery plans
- Collaboratively create detailed project plans working across customer and Jabil cross-functional teams
- Align team on target standards and procedures driving activities consistently to meet high quality of work for program deliverables
- Create high quality, regular communication between teams and with Jabil and customer management.
Lead items such as
- Build on and create new, and maintain team communication and IP protection systems
- Ensure training and auditing for team understanding and compliance with required security protocols
- Data and Information Channel Management
- Issue and Risk Identification and Response
- Project Schedule & Milestones Management
- Maintaining Positive, Agile Project Team Capability
- Expert Project Management and people leadership capabilities, Project Management certification preferred.
- Ability to understand, execute to and tailor as appropriate operating policies and procedures
- Demonstrated ability to leverage organization and adept at navigating the diversified landscape with respect to country cultures, and company structures
- Proficiency in use of scheduling programs, Microsoft Office (Teams, Excel, Word and PowerPoint), Google suite and other data management and communication tools
- Experience in consumer electronics product development and project delivery into manufacturing including leading customer interactions
- Strong operational and technical knowledge required
- Ability to coach team to deliver accurate, high-quality analysis and clear communications
- Works well through ambiguous situations helping to develop team approach and priorities
- Person should have the following personal characteristics: strong leader, professional, detail-oriented, reliable, calm under fire, creative, with a positive attitude.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree required; technical degree preferred
- Minimum seven years work-related experience required leading technical product development and manufacturing projects
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or equivalent preferred
Or an equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.