At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
The Engineering Services Manager provides optimum advanced technology solutions and strategies through the effective management of people, systems, procedures and equipment. This role drives innovation and continuous improvement within Advanced Manufacturing Technology (ATM) by harnessing new technologies in the areas of systems, equipment, and processes while providing exceptional support to external and internal customers, team members, and shareholders.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Provide communication forum for the exchange of ideas and information with the department.
· Organize verbal and written ideas clearly and use an appropriate business style.
· Ask questions; encourage input from team members.
· Assess communication style of individual team members and adapt own communication style accordingly.
FUNCTIONAL MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
· Business Strategy and Direction:
· Know and understand the campus strategic directions..
· Develop an understanding of the Workcell business strategy as it pertains to Engineering Services.
· Provide regular updates to BUM and Director Engineering Services on the execution of the strategy.
· Identify creative ways to reduce cost by streamlining processes and systems (i.e. modification of responsibilities or consolidation of tasks, elimination of non-value-added processes, or complete re-engineering of processes and systems).
· Utilize tools to monitor departmental cost and cost trends, striving continuously to improve value.
· Provide feedback to peers, BUMs and Director Engineering Services on cost and cost trends.
· Manage creation and submission of project proposals and quotations.
· Forecast Development and Accuracy:
· Prepare timely forecasts for the department.
· Compare forward forecast results to historical actual results for trend assessment and analysis.
TECHNICAL MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
· Provides direction on design and development activities to improve, modify or design new equipment products and processes.
· Oversees key projects, processes and performance reports, data and analysis.
· Selects, develops, trains and supervises staff. Establish individual goals and training plans.
· Develops, determines and implements policies, procedures and programs.
· Analyzes technology trends, human resources needs and market demand to plan projects.
· Confers with management and production staff to determine engineering feasibility and cost effectiveness.
· Selects correct design concept and fundamental technology used for new products or improvement of existing ones.
· Design and develop new components or redesign existing components to improve company products.
· Determines and establishes specifications through engineering calculations and layouts.
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously.
· Demonstrated high performance orientation, detail orientation, market knowledge and sound judgment
· Demonstrated ability to build and leverage partnerships, implement change and manage projects.
· Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required.
· Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages in an integrated system such as SAP
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Good understanding of Semiconductor Equipment.
Knowledge and experience on Semi-fab equipment and process.
Understanding of backend semi-fab process and testing
Good knowledge and experience on developing ATE hardware and software solutions
Good knowledge of hardware and software solutions for high volume mfg, characterization and product reliability.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact the Federal Bureau of Investigations internet crime hotline (www.ic3.gov), the Federal Trade Commission identity theft hotline (www.identitytheft.gov) and/or your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.