Dimensionally and visually inspect parts for conformity using scopes, CMM, vision systems and various hand gaging equipment.
Key Responsibilities and End Results: (Essential responsibilities include but are not limited to the following):
- Responsible for inspecting products at various stages of the production process to maintain quality and reliability of products in accordance with required quality plans. Work with Quality Manager, Supervisor, Technicians and other Inspectors as well as manufacturing personnel to maintain quality conformance on all parts. Use various measuring devices to ensure compliance with specifications. Accepts, rejects, or reworks defective or malfunctioning parts.
- May perform visual, dimensional, mechanical, precision mechanical, functional, or electrical inspection of parts, assemblies or final product in all stages of the production process (incoming, in-process and final inspection).
- Under general supervision, performs visual, mechanical, dimensional, functional or electrical inspection of raw materials, parts, assemblies or final product in the production assembly process.
- Performs inspection tasks involving the use of a wide variety of test instruments, precision measuring devices and electronic equipment to ensure compliance of parts and product with established specifications.
- Dimensionally inspects product for conformance to specification using various measuring devices such as micrometers, scales, fixtures, calipers, dial indicators, comparators, CMMs, vision systems, strain gages, fixed gauges, and FTIRs.
- Performs bar code transactions using Nypro Worldwide Bar Code System.
- Maintain files for batch history records (BHR) and/or device history records (DHR) reviewing for completeness and accuracy.
- Identifies workmanship and material defects.
- Determines acceptability, and identifies and recommends disposition of defective items in accordance with established procedures, referring only exception cases to the Quality Group Leader, Quality Technician or Supervisor.
- Works from written and verbal instructions, procedures, blueprints, diagrams, statistical processes, or other control procedures. Select products for inspection at specified stages in production process, and performs visual inspection for variety of defects such as splay, contamination, gross flash, non-fills, short shots, color variation, voids and grease/oil.
- Maintains required documentation and records.
- Initiates nonconforming material reports (NCMR's).
- May be asked to handle metrology requests such as process capability studies, first article inspections, and other special inspections.
- Conducts, documents, and reports on process audits of assembly/molding processes.
- Supports all company safety and quality programs and initiatives.
- Inputs Statistical Process Control (SPC) data in Predisys. May create DCFs, which includes collection of inspection data.
- Other responsibilities may be assigned from time to time as needed, based on the evolution of the company and the requirements of the department/position.
Job Specifications: The minimum education and experience required to perform this job competently.
- High School degree or GED certificate
- Prefer 2 years of experience in injection molding, precision metrology, quality or similar industry/environment.
- Moderate physical effort involving lifting of boxes.
- Must have visual acuity of at least corrected 20/40 near vision with both eyes. May have mild deficiency or better in color vision.
- Ability to read and write English and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Requires use of simple arithmetic (addition, multiplication, calculate averages), fixed and adjustable measuring instruments, simple use of charts, maintaining and understand records.
- General knowledge of SPC and Predisys.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.