Test Development Engineer (Electronics)
Req ID: J2323322-IL
At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
A Test Development Engineer is required to perform low to medium complexity engineering work. The types of work performed include development of test solution quotes, development of test solutions, test crisis support and continuous improvement of core competency.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Development of test solutions:
- Typically receives project-level direction from the project leader
- Typically assigned to develop test specifications and test solutions of low to medium complexity
- Test solution development tasks are done according to budget and schedule commitments from the test solution quotes
- The tasks comprising a test solution development may include, but are not limited to, Design For Test (DFT), design, assembly, debug, validation, deployment, and emergency support of electrical hardware, mechanical hardware, optical hardware and software.
- Electrical hardware typically includes, but is not limited to:
- GPIB, USB and RS-232 controlled equipment
- PXI and LXI based test equipment
- Design of custom circuitry implemented in custom circuit boards and cables
- Mechanical hardware typically includes, but is not limited to:
- Environmental Stress Screening (ESS) chamber racks
- Bench-test setups
- 19” equipment racks
- Custom automated high-throughput fixtures with probe fields, and top, bottom, and side mounted pneumatically actuated modules.
- Software and compilers typically includes, but is not limited to:
- LabWindows/CVI, LabView and TestStand
- C#, ANSI C and Visual C++
- Visual Basic
- Assembly for Motorola and Intel microcontrollers and microprocessors
- HTML, PERL, ASP and custom scripting languages.
- Software for Agilent/Keysight 3070 ICT and other MDA platforms
- Test development sites develop solutions for several test processes including, but not limited to:
- In-Circuit test (ICT) and Manufacturing Defect Analyzer (MDA)
- Boundary Scan/ JTAG
- Board-level functional test
- The process of developing test solutions includes, but is not limited to:
- Test development (OrCAD, AutoCAD, FabMaster and other software development tools listed above)
- Project tracking (action items, journals, time entry, milestones, and deliverables checklists)
- Test solution design guidelines (global fixture specification, schematic design requirements)
- Design reviews (Initial and post-installation)
- Documentation package templates (test specification, BOM’s, tester validation, etc…)
Development of test solution quotes:
- Test solution quotes typically include, but are not limited to:
- Price and schedule commitment
- Hardware, Software and Documentation package description
- Specification of tester validation criteria and required customer deliverables.
- The process of developing test solution quotes includes, but is not limited to:
- Use of the automated quote system and quote tools.
- Completion of quotes on-schedule
- Understands Manufacturing Test Strategy and demonstrates proficiency in at least one area of test development.
- Knowledge of Test Development areas including structural and functional test, development of Manufacturing Test Specifications and Design For Test Analysis.
- Demonstrated hands-on practical knowledge in a test development environment.
- Appreciation and understanding of relevant industry standards and specifications.
- Demonstrated ability to consistently provide innovative manufacturing test solutions.
- Recognized ability to write, contribute to presentations, speak, and to assist in representing Test Development to other Jabil groups, external customers, and technology peer groups in the industry.
- Must maintain up-to-date knowledge in deployable test technologies as a continuous improvement of core competency.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
1-3 years experience in a test development environment OR newly graduate, major in any of the followings:
- Electronic Engineering
- Mechatronic Engineering
- Telecommunication Engineering
- Automation Engineering
(any other engineering majors with knowledge in electronics).
Or application from Engineers who have knowledge in electronics or measuring systems and are willing to be a test development engineer are welcome!
Work location: 100% on site in Wroclaw, Poland
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.