Under general supervision, responsible for operation, repairs, adjustments, and ongoing maintenance of facilities and production equipment containing chemicals. The Chemical Maintenance Technician is a creative and proactive contributor, focused on continued improvement. This role will be the immediate responder to any and all incidents of equipment failures and possible chemical containment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform electrical and mechanical repairs of fixtures and equipment on company premises keeping in mind the chemical hazards that he/she might be encountering or causing
- Oversee installation, relocation and reinstallation of new and/or existing equipment with a mindset of limiting/controlling safety exposures
- Following work instructions to operate equipment to meet production schedule demands
- Track machine operational efficiency through log and note taking
- Perform simple engineering calculations for equipment
- Update mechanical prints when changes mandate
- Submit proposals and recommendations to department supervisor for upgrades or changes
- Perform preventative maintenance and maintain maintenance records for each piece of equipment responsible for
- Troubleshoot and conduct periodic inspections to determine maintenance work required
- Follow Preventive Maintenance Instructions and ensure that the records for such are properly documented
- Strict adherence to all environmental, safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor
- Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy
- First responder to equipment failures and deployment of containment actions
- Other duties may be assigned
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
Typically reports to Management. Direct supervisor job title(s) typically include: Manager, Sr. Manager
Job is NOT directly responsible for managing other employees (e.g., hiring/termination and/or pay decisions, performance management).
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma required, two-year technical degree preferred
- Typically requires a minimum of 4-6 years of experience
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience
The anticipated hourly pay range for this role is $14.53 - $21.06 - $27.59. Job-related, non-discriminatory factors used to determine the actual offered rate include qualifications and experience, education (if requirement noted above), geographic location, external market data, and consideration of internal equity.
As part of the total rewards package, this position is eligible for a short-term incentive based on performance. In addition, Jabil offers benefits to enhance your health, wealth and resilient self. These include medical, dental, and vision insurance plans; 401(k) retirement plan and employee stock purpose plan; and paid time off.