Jabil Wireless is seeking a motivated FPGA design engineer to join our team architecting and developing 4G & 5G radios products. The selected candidate will become an important part of the implementation of Digital Communication designs for 4G/5G wireless Remote Radio Heads (RRUs). Our team is based in Central New Jersey, but has the option to be remote.
Candidate will be expected to architect and implement complex FPGA designs involving digital signal processing, high-speed communications, and complex state machines. He/She will interface with program leadership and teammates on a regular basis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- RTL design and verification using Verilog & Systemverilog, with an emphasis in Wireless Communications and Digital Signal Processing
- Experience with Xilinx Vivado IDE (development and verification environments)
- Hardware bring-up and testing with FPGA test code and lab test equipment
- Linux, embedded C programming, and Python scripting
- Developing and presenting design reviews
- Strong communication and documentation skills
- Digital Signal Processing experience for digital communications
- Familiar with Xilinx RFSoC and/or Ultrascale+ devices
- Familiarity with 3GPP 4G/5G specifications, specifically Layers 0 & 1
- Hands-on lab experience with hardware bring-up
- Familiar with UVM verification methodology
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· (Electrical & Mech) At the appropriate process phase gates, will create, gather & enter the complete design package data into our PDM system for ECO release.
· (Software) Competent in at least one but familiar with multiple high level programming languages & compiler and experienced in the use of specific In-circuit emulators.
· (Software) Solid, demonstrated programming and debugging skills.
· (ALL) Meet the requirements of Design Engineer I
· Work with manager and/or PM to provide information that will aid in the initial quoting process.
· Be responsible for directing the Design Engineer I and Technicians on their assigned projects.
· Provide technical support for all manufacturing builds including engineering prototypes, NPI & production releases.
· Stay abreast of the latest technology and techniques to provide designs that are competitive and cost effective.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistics, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Ability to develop mathematical models of physical reality and solve them, then implement the results.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelor's degree in Engineering from an accredited four-year college or university
· Minimum of 3-4 years of related experience and/or training
· Minimum of 2 years experience as a Design Engineer I
· Specific requirements as defined by market sector
· Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.