The Traffic Analyst will perform inbound shipment planning and execution tasks in the Jabil TMS system while collaborating with both internal and external parties to ensure logistics operational efficiency.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs all necessary manual system transactions for any materials function or transaction type.
- Monitors shipment of materials, products or finished goods between site and other Jabil locations, suppliers, or partners.
- Interacts with other departments or areas in order to expedite shipments of materials efficiently.
- Communicates with carrier partners to ensure inbound operational efficiency including load tracking and on time delivery.
- Interacts with Business Unit, partners and/or providers to resolve exceptions as they occur.
- Investigate freight claims for lost or damaged freight.
- Researches and resolves exceptions in a timely manner.
- Adhere to logistics standard operational procedures and suggest improvements based on day to day operations
- Continually build Jabil TMS system knowledge through Jabil training materials and TMS system training courses
- Performs Transportation Management System (TMS) transactions to accurately reflect movement of materials.
- Perform day to day logistics planning and display the ability to make quick decisions.
- Reports weekly and monthly performance metrics.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to operate a personal computer including using a Windows based operating system and related software.
- Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages.
- Ability to write simple correspondence. Read and understand visual aid.
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook for daily email correspondence.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions.
- Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs