At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
The Traffic Analyst will perform inbound shipment planning and execution tasks in the Jabil TMS system while collaborating with both internal and external parties to ensure logistics operational efficiency.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs all necessary manual system transactions for any materials function or transaction type.
- Monitors shipment of materials, products or finished goods between site and other Jabil locations, suppliers, or partners.
- Interacts with other departments or areas in order to expedite shipments of materials efficiently.
- Communicates with carrier partners to ensure inbound operational efficiency including load tracking and on time delivery.
- Interacts with Business Unit, partners and/or providers to resolve exceptions as they occur.
- Investigate freight claims for lost or damaged freight.
- Researches and resolves exceptions in a timely manner.
- Adhere to logistics standard operational procedures and suggest improvements based on day to day operations
- Continually build Jabil TMS system knowledge through Jabil training materials and TMS system training courses
- Performs Transportation Management System (TMS) transactions to accurately reflect movement of materials.
- Perform day to day logistics planning and display the ability to make quick decisions.
- Reports weekly and monthly performance metrics.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to operate a personal computer including using a Windows based operating system and related software.
- Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages.
- Ability to write simple correspondence. Read and understand visual aid.
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook for daily email correspondence.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions.
- Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact the Federal Bureau of Investigations internet crime hotline (www.ic3.gov), the Federal Trade Commission identity theft hotline (www.identitytheft.gov) and/or your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.This job cannot be performed remotely in the state of Colorado.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.