At Jabil we strive to make ANYTHING POSSIBLE and EVERYTHING BETTER. With over 260,000 diverse, talented and dedicated employees across 100 locations in 30 countries, our vision is to be the most technologically advanced and trusted manufacturing solutions provider. We combine an unmatched breadth and depth of end-market experience, technical and design capabilities, manufacturing know-how, supply chain insights and global product management expertise to enable success for the world’s leading brands. We are driven by a common purpose to make a positive impact for each other, our communities, and the environment.
This is a journeyman level toolmaker/machinist position where the individual can operate most or all CNC and manual machines in the shop.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- · Operate a wide variety of manual & CNC machine tool equipment such as lathes, milling machines, surface grinders, saws, and other hand and power machines.
- Works from blueprints, sketches, production diagrams, engineering drawings and verbal instructions to fabricate a variety of machined components.
- Makes shop calculations using handbook formulas to layout patterns and determine tooling feeds and speeds.
- Inspects parts using precision measuring tools such as micrometers, dial indicators, and calipers.
- Programs a variety of machines using MasterCam and/or conversational at the machine.
- Provide work leadership to others.
- Work with production control to allocate jobs to the machinists so that work is completed on schedule and everyone is doing their fair share of work.
- Ensure that there are sufficient resources to get work out on schedule. This includes machinery, tooling, material, etc.
- Maintain equipment and perform preventive maintenance. Maintain records of maintenance. Arrange for outside service repair of equipment as required.
- Help train lower level employees.
- Performs other job functions as assigned.
- Ability to read and understand complex math and angles
- Complex blue print reading with GD&T
- Capable of performing some heavy labor, ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong working knowledge of hand measuring and inspection tools
- Proficiency working with tight tolerances down to 3-5 microns
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- High School/GED or higher education preferred
- 5+ years of experience as a machinist; familiarity with CNC, lathe and manual machines a plus
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD: When applying for a job at Jabil you will be contacted via correspondence through our official job portal with a jabil.com e-mail address; direct phone call from a member of the Jabil team; or direct e-mail with a jabil.com e-mail address. Jabil does not request payments for interviews or at any other point during the hiring process. Jabil will not ask for your personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution, driver’s license number or passport information over the phone or via e-mail. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, contact the Federal Bureau of Investigations internet crime hotline (www.ic3.gov), the Federal Trade Commission identity theft hotline (www.identitytheft.gov) and/or your local police department. Any scam job listings should be reported to whatever website it was posted in.
The anticipated hourly pay range for this role is $20.40 - $29.57 - $38.74. Job-related, non-discriminatory factors used to determine the actual offered rate include qualifications and experience, education (if requirement noted above), geographic location, external market data, and consideration of internal equity.
As part of the total rewards package, this position is eligible for a short-term incentive based on performance. In addition, Jabil offers benefits to enhance your health, wealth and resilient self. These include medical, dental, and vision insurance plans; 401(k) retirement plan and employee stock purpose plan; and paid time off.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.