Automation Controls Engineer
Kasalis is a global supplier of advanced automation and production systems for the active alignment, assembly, and test of leading-edge optical devices and electro-optical systems including compact camera modules, NIR and visible light projectors, LiDAR systems, augmented reality systems, and structured light 3D sensing systems. We work on innovative, state-of-the-art technologies from some of the world’s most recognizable brands in the technology space.
Kasalis is part of Jabil, one of the top manufacturers in the world, with more than 200,000 employees worldwide in over 100 facilities.
About the Job
We are searching for a talented and motivated automation controls engineer to design and support customized automated optical active alignment and test systems for our internal and external customers. We are looking for candidates who thrive working in a small team environment with tight deadlines, take pride and ownership of their work and deliver high quality solutions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare electrical schematics, panel layouts, and wire harness drawings
- Specify electrical control hardware such as sensors, motors, and safety circuit components
- Maintain schematics and BOMs for the electrical systems in our machines.
- Set up and configure the electrical and controls hardware on machines.
- Develop production support documentation.
- Design, develop, and debug control systems for new product lines and customized machines
- Work closely with software engineers, mechanical engineers, process engineers, and production personnel to complete projects on-time and on-budget.
- Develop comprehensive test plans for machines and sub-assemblies.
- Develop project requirements and design specifications
- Conceptualize and prototype test stations for optical and electrical devices.
- Diagnose problems with pneumatic and mechanical systems interfacing with electrical & electronic systems.
- Participate in design reviews and technical strategic planning sessions.
- Manage your project tasks and activities to meet project schedule and budget goals.
- Occasional on-site factory visits in the US, Europe, and Asia for system installation and support working with customers and our Jabil partners.
- Familiarity with the NFPA 79, EN 60204-1, or UL electrical standards
- Experience designing control systems for the capital equipment industry
- Experience setting up, programming, and troubleshooting PLCs, soft PLCs, or PC-based motion and I/O controllers.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Work well in a team environment.
- Proven ability to troubleshoot and solve problems with automated equipment in manufacturing facilities.
- Optics, image sensor, or electronics manufacturing knowledge
- Motion control and/or machine vision experience
- Experience with PCB design and/or layout
- Experience with image sensor interfaces, bring up, and tuning
- Experience with Beckhoff and/or B&R Automation control systems
- Experience with Python or similar scripting language
Education and Experience
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering, Controls Engineering, or similar field
- 2+ years of related design experience
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.